• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Could you turn off your phone and walk away from the internet

i think it'd be pretty easy for me. After ditching fb and instagram several years back I thought it would be tough but after few weeks I didnt even think about it. Just like cable 10 years ago. I do enjoy this ODT and Untappd(way more so than FB/instagram)....but I could probably shake loose of it. I stay pretty busy with lodge and home projects(You tube has been a big help) Lots of times i put my phone in the house while on the tractor(and no that wasnt me on that sideways kubota!) and dont miss it.

I only do ODT, just recently started using Facebook because my grandkids are getting older and live in Virginia. I would use my time to walk more with my dog, and start an workout routine, I'm going to this anyway but have to make sure the Cancer in my legs is ok.

For a lot of people the phone is their work leash.
Now that I think abou it, it’s not just my phone. I process orders through a work issued iPad. Some orders are sent through a website. Many of my customers are Millennials or college students who prefer texting to actual communication with a human. I have to look up product info through the internet frequently for my sales calls and seminars too. I’d much prefer to Zoom meetings instead of driving 1:45 to Atlanta for team meetings.

I don’t think the internet is the greater issue ,social media is.

Many of my customers are Millennials or college students who prefer texting to actual communication with a human.
I would rather text or email than talk to someone.
I’d much prefer to Zoom meetings instead of driving 1:45 to Atlanta for team meetings.
Oh yeah my wife has a few meetings a week and its much more productive to have a meeting from her home office than having to drive 1hr + each way for a 30 min meeting. Of course about once a month she has to make the drive. Then they fuss that productivity is down.
I don’t think the internet is the greater issue ,social media is.
I agree with this 100%. I think it is funny folks say they dont do social media but hang our here and on other forums. Myspace, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tiktok and forums etc its all the same.

Back
Top Bottom