Finally pulling the trigger- last minute advice requested

I'm assuming you are talking about this:
I was wondering what the background was... said they were going to test it and wasn't in the results.
The specwar looks like the definite winner there.

Yup that's the video the thread where SilencerShop stated that it was so loud it had to be damaged is gone as are any comments about that on Facebook or in their industry page or on YouTube I doubt Surefire was very happy about the results seeing as they have large government contracts etc. Only explanation is Surefire got lawyers involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the 7.62 can here were my impressions.
The specwar is great if you want the most suppression, but it is heavy, long, and mounts have been hard to come by recently.

the SDN6 is pretty much king of blackout.

If you can wait on the Saker 7.62, the MAAD mounting system kicks total ass.

I don't really know a whole lot about rifle cans though.

For the 45 Can:
Octane 45 is just the best in price, materials, and not much different in length or weight from competing 45 cans. It is cheaper than the Tirant 45 and offers easier cleaning options with the SS baffles. I really cant see getting any other 45 can and I own an Osprey with an Octane on the way.

For the 22
Spectre II or Sparrow. Spectre will have more blowback but it is a little quieter(and longer I believe), Sparrow will have more first round pop but very little blowback due to the low pressure design. Both work all the way up to 5.7x28.

Unless you have a really "out there" host that requires something different the Sparrow, Octane, and one of the leading 7.62 cans will fit all your needs.

Also consider aksing on Silencertalk.com for what is a good choice regarding rifle cans, almost all of them have real world knowledge and some even have the engineering and machinist knowledge to really tell you which are "best" to fit your needs

Don't know if it's anything that anyone would be interested in an I don't have a way I measuring the Db rating but I bought a Ti Spec 308 can from the V.O.W. In Cleveland, Tn and I use it on my rock river lar8 varmint as well as my ruger 10/22 and psa 5.56. The subsonic stuff out of any caliber is just so dang quiet to me, even quieter than what it seems like in that video. But I don't know. The supersonic stuff sounds about like a 22 mag ish. Just pm me though if anyone ever wants to meet and try my can out. It's not a QD or anything and yea it takes like 10 seconds to thread it on, but I like it. I may tryout another QD can in the future but I'd really love to try them out in person before I pay 200$ plus the can and buy it.

Back
Top Bottom