• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

finished my throwing knife target, now I..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rear foot was about 15 feet. It missed the pad that generally catches the "droppers", it bounced off the concrete once and then bit me. Boots jeans and safety glasses for me from now on. No more shorts-only and flip-flops :)

ouch, That sucks. Hope u keep working at it. This is really cool. Got any videos of you or someone throwing the knifes? I am curious as to what technique you are using? Also how successful have u become with practice, as far as percentage actually hitting and sticking? I have some cheap throwing blades but I suck at it.

[/QUOTE]Does it matter whether I hold the handle or the blade portion when throwing overhand, as long as I'm consistent:confused:[/QUOTE]

Actually, being a very avid knife thrower and instructor. A knife will rotate 1/2 turn from 6 to 10 feet. So, If I was 10 feet or closer I would hold the knife blade side. If I was going to throw from say 18 feet, I would hold it from the handle end.
Once you get pretty consistent then you move from how the blade lands. For instance the 3 blades you had thrown. The 2 with handle down, needed a little more room to rotate, back up a step and they should hit straight. Same as the 1 with the handle pointing up had a little to much distance to rotate. Move a step closer and you should be on point.
Good Luck! And practice, practice, practice!

Does it matter whether I hold the handle or the blade portion when throwing overhand, as long as I'm consistent:confused:[/QUOTE]

Actually, being a very avid knife thrower and instructor. A knife will rotate 1/2 turn from 6 to 10 feet. So, If I was 10 feet or closer I would hold the knife blade side. If I was going to throw from say 18 feet, I would hold it from the handle end.
Once you get pretty consistent then you move from how the blade lands. For instance the 3 blades you had thrown. The 2 with handle down, needed a little more room to rotate, back up a step and they should hit straight. Same as the 1 with the handle pointing up had a little to much distance to rotate. Move a step closer and you should be on point.
Good Luck! And practice, practice, practice![/QUOTE]
That seems like sound advice. Welcome to the ODT.

Do you have any pics or videos to demonstrate some of your throwing. You have my attention now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom