Fired first reloads!

Al Capone

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
I reloaded some 9mm 115gr fmj using winchester 231 powder and finally got around to shooting them. All rounds fired and chambered well. Only thing I noticed was that the rounds didn't eject as far as they usually do, any concerns here?

No. Was probably a lighter load than the factory ammo you've been shooting.

Congrats...you didn't blow your gun up with your first reloads!

How many grains of 231 you using? I started on the light side and had to work up to get good operation. I am not 100% sure as I don't have my log in front of me but I think I ended up loading my 9mm 115 grain plated's with 4.6 grains of WIN231 before I got good consistant results in the majority of my 9mm pistols, again I'm not positive so please don't take my word on this before I have a chance to verify.

Great job man! What set up did you decide to run with? And sorry for the late pm reply, I had a long afternoon reloading all the stuff I bought at the show I saw you at.

Great job man! What set up did you decide to run with? And sorry for the late pm reply, I had a long afternoon reloading all the stuff I bought at the show I saw you at.

I went with the Lee Classic turret press. It's very simple especially for someone new to reloading.

How many grains of 231 you using? I started on the light side and had to work up to get good operation. I am not 100% sure as I don't have my log in front of me but I think I ended up loading my 9mm 115 grain plated's with 4.6 grains of WIN231 before I got good consistant results in the majority of my 9mm pistols, again I'm not positive so please don't take my word on this before I have a chance to verify.

I was using 4.3 grains of 231. From the manual I'm using 4.3 is the start load and not to exceed 4.8 grains.

Back
Top Bottom