Fired first reloads!

Congratulations on your first reloads, hopefully there will be more for you.

As the old adage goes " Reloading doe's not save you money but allows you to shoot more"!:)

Tom

Sounds like you did great. You chose an excellent press, a good starting load, and everything went as expected.

How did you feel about the accuracy you got? What was the test platform?

Which load manual are you using? I've been thrilled with my Lyman manual. I have the Lee single stage breech press and love it so much more then the Pro 1000 I used to have. It's slower but more consistent and accurate. I started in the low 4's too but didn't have great luck with it. Once I hit 4.6 I was happy with the results.

Sounds like you did great. You chose an excellent press, a good starting load, and everything went as expected.

How did you feel about the accuracy you got? What was the test platform?
I felt the accuracy was just as good as normal ammo. To be honest I chose to only reload 15 rounds to start and see how my gun fired/chambered/ejected the rounds before I made a bunch of ammo that may not be to the specs I needed. Now I'm in mass production :). Im gonna tinker with possibly adding more powder depending on how my other guns shoot. Today the test was run on Springfield XD.
I do however have another question, I bought some GA arms 38/357 caliber 158gr plated semi-wadcutter bullets and this may be a dumb question but are they classified as "jacketed", "lead" or "copper plated" in the reloading manuals?

I do however have another question, I bought some GA arms 38/357 caliber 158gr plated semi-wadcutter bullets and this may be a dumb question but are they classified as "jacketed", "lead" or "copper plated" in the reloading manuals?

Congrats on the new rounds. A bit more powder and you should see the ejection distance grow. My load data separates the plated bullets into their own category. The plated loadings are less (powder) than cast or FMJ recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom