• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

First AR build, what y'all think?

Hey quick Q, I see you bought an upper and added a BCG afterward, did you feel the need to check the headspace? Is this necessary?

Hey quick Q, I see you bought an upper and added a BCG afterward, did you feel the need to check the headspace? Is this necessary?
Headspace is controlled by the barrel being pressed into the barrel extension correctly. It either works, or it doesn't. If headspace is bad, you pretty much have to replace the barrel. If the barrel is in spec, and the bcg is in spec, you have nothing to worry about. I change bcgs out all Willy nilly like most people change their underwear. Never had a problem.

I thought that was the case, then I read that you can swap out the barrel nut for a free float tube no worries, and I thought that would change the headspace. Then i read that some bolts (not carriers) are longer or shorter than others, so the lug to barrel space might not allow the bolt to lock all the way.

I thought that was the case, then I read that you can swap out the barrel nut for a free float tube no worries, and I thought that would change the headspace. Then i read that some bolts (not carriers) are longer or shorter than others, so the lug to barrel space might not allow the bolt to lock all the way.
Really, headspace is not something you need to worry about in a 5.56 AR platform. I have go no go gauges in 5.56, but I haven't touched them in probably 10 years.

in this order:
Magpul trigger guard (imho it looks 10x better)
larue tactical padded sling
either an ACOG ta33g-h or aimpoint t1 2moa dot
wilson TTU trigger
Battle comp muzzle break
more than 2 mags, at least 7 more like 10 and more ammo than that.

that should do it. should also cost one metric boat load of money :) welcome to BRD( black rifle disease)

Back
Top Bottom