• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

First AR build, what y'all think?

Looks good... I added the BAD lever to mine because when you're tight in a sling, there's pretty much no good way to hit the bolt release.

And you might want to look into a trigger that's nice and smooth. I found that is the best accuracy upgrade you can make to a stock AR- heavy trigger = pulled shots.

timney is not overboard, its actually middle of the road. Still a very good trigger for 95% people in the world

Nice rifle but I wouldn't refer to putting an stock upper on a stock lower as an AR build.

Sure it is. ARs are legos. They take no skill to build. It's the parts he wanted, so it is considered a build.

I swapped a DPMS oracle around and made it into a dissipator once. All I did was swap the gas block for a low pro and put a clamp on FSB on it at the rifle length point. I considered it a build ;)

I would try out some optics before you dump a bunch of money on one. I have Eotechs, Aimpoints, and 1-4x scopes on my guns. Honestly, I hate reflex and red dot sights other than how fast they are at 25 feet. First Eotech I bought, I felt like I had been robbed first time I went to the range and realized it was not at all what I wanted for the type of shooting I wanted to do.

Even today, while I have an Eotech on my main defensive carbine, and an Aimpoint on my secondary, the guns I shoot the most at the range have 1-4x glass on them.

Back
Top Bottom