• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

First AR Build!

jsquared

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
43   0
Reaction score
So I just finished my very first AR build this weekend. I say first build, but I used an assembled upper so I really only built the lower :) Half build? WHO CARES LETS SEE THE PICS!

img.photobucket.com_albums_v206_candykane101_Arms_AR_DSCN0782.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v206_candykane101_Arms_AR_DSCN0781.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v206_candykane101_Arms_AR_DSCN0775.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v206_candykane101_Arms_AR_DSCN0772.jpg

Heres the specs:

Palmetto State CHF 10.5" upper
Palmetto BCG
Troy Alpha 9" in FDE
Docter 7moa MRDS
BCM Gunfighter mod4

Core15 stripped lower in FDE
Spikes Tactical enhanced LPK
-Spikes nickel boron battle trigger
-Spikes trigger guard
-Spikes ambi-selector
-Ergo grip
KNS gen2 anti-walk pins
PWS pistol buffer tube

You all probably know by now how much I love brown, really like the way this one turned out both for the look and for how well it blends in with my surrounding environment:

img.photobucket.com_albums_v206_candykane101_Arms_AR_DSCN0771.jpg

(the pistol is on the picture trust me you just have to look for it)

How do you like that Docter red dot?

LOVE this sight! Ive put it on everything from my 12ga to my FNP-45 and it is a champ on everything. The 7moa dot is great for an all-around sight and I havent had any issues with wandering zero or anything. Been running it for about a year now and the battery is still going strong.

looks good , how bout that lower?

Overall it was pretty nice. No sharp edges or anything, finish looks really good (factory cerakote), and the slight bevel they put on all of the corners is a nice touch.

Lower went together fine, although I did have to clean out some of the holes and slots to get everything fitted nicely. The takedown pins are still a little tight but Id rather have those tight than loose. Only thing that took more than a turn or three with a drill bit was the receiver extension threads, those took a few minutes and some patience to get the buffer tube to thread all the way. I think it would have threaded OK without cleaning them up but it was getting hard to turn towards the end and I didnt want to mess anything up :)

looks great buddy, SBR down the road?

Thinking about it, going to run it with a CAA stock saddle and see how I like it first, not sure if the added headache is worth the awesomeness you know? Not too worried about the whole tinfoil hat "OMG my house will be under surveillance!" stuff, just dont want to have to deal with going across state lines with it and transporting it with the paperwork and such. So we shall see, Im liking it enough as it is now but cant help thinking how good an FDE CTR would look on it :)

Back
Top Bottom