• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First deer for my buddy

I took my buddy to my lease this morning and he had this buck on the ground by 7:40. It’s his first ever and he’s proud! Heck, I’m proud for him. He made a great shot and it expired within sight. View attachment 6633228
Congrats to him. I remember my first deer was a 1 1/2 year old Jasper county 4 pointer in the mid 80’s

I was with a buddy of mine last weekend for his first deer as well, which was a doe. And then the next day he got his first buck. Had a couple other first deer experiences and you are right that it never gets old. I think I might enjoy that more than shooting one myself these days.
Agree 100%. I could just sit back and enjoy the show.
I took two doe my first time I was taken out. I was taught to string em up and clean em up. I was damn proud and will always remember it. Glad for him.
When we got down for the recovery, he followed the blood trail and made the recovery without my help. I told him learning how to follow a blood trail was something that every Hunter needs to learn and it’s a must to be good at it.
He also handled the field dressing.
Quite the experience for him today.

That’s one thing that I’ve always done in all of my years down there…..I’ve shared that place with many and have introduced a few folks to hunting there.
The bad part is that deer hunting there tends to spoil you.

Good on you sir for introducing so many to lifetime addiction, may your blessings be 10 fold!

Back
Top Bottom