• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Gun Safe, need recommendations!

The way everyone complains about sub $1,000 safes you should be able to get into it with basic hand tools. /sarcasm.

A thief will find a way in. I saw Oceans 11. /moresarcasm

Bottom line is get something to slow down the thieves, hold off the fire (till the engine company arrives) and will completely foil your kids and you'll be miles ahead of 90% of the population, especially all the new owners the POTUS has created.

All these threads are the same, there is nothing wrong with buying for example a Winchester 24/26 (I recommend them all of the time) the issue is people tend to get a false sense of security.... know what your buying, a safe is NOT just a safe there are all different levels of protection.

My $400 safe kept a burgler out. That being said though I'm upgrading this year to a nicer safe. Whatever you buy make sure it's twice the size of what you think you need now!!!!!

Sometimes a $5.00 padlock will keep a burglar out but I wouldn't lock $100,000 worth of rifles up with it, LOL

but on the other hand I will take or leave your door swinging on most gun safes in 2-5 mins soooooo there is a fine line between $500-$5,000

It's all about YOUR expectations of/with your safe.

Sometimes a $5.00 padlock will keep a burglar out but I wouldn't lock $100,000 worth of rifles up with it, LOL

but on the other hand I will take or leave your door swinging on most gun safes in 2-5 mins soooooo there is a fine line between $500-$5,000

It's all about YOUR expectations of/with your safe.
I agree 100%! When I bought my first safe it about all I could afford at the time. Glad now that I got it. Now that I'm a little bit better off it's time to upgrade to better protection.

I agree 100%! When I bought my first safe it about all I could afford at the time. Glad now that I got it. Now that I'm a little bit better off it's time to upgrade to better protection.

I think 90% of the ODT safe debate is based on.... That personal have delivered safes to guys that live in million dollar + homes and put 2-300k in stuff in a $500 safes!

If you can afford class 3 & high end stuff and/or if your watch cost more then a car, SPEND A FEW GRAND ON A REAL SAFE bc you are a TARGET.

Just a suggestion, if possible always buy a safe that's 3-4 times bigger than what your present needs are. Reason you will always be picking up something new here and there. Then you will never have try to sell the safe that is not meeting your needs.

Cabela's has a safe sale going on now, the LIBERTY BIG FAT BOY IS A GREAT SAFE, not its not cheap then neither are your guns.

just a suggestion to consider strongly, price is not everything..

Just a suggestion, if possible always buy a safe that's 3-4 times bigger than what your present needs are. Reason you will always be picking up something new here and there. Then you will never have try to sell the safe that is not meeting your needs.

Cabela's has a safe sale going on now, the LIBERTY BIG FAT BOY IS A GREAT SAFE, not its not cheap then neither are your guns.

just a suggestion to consider strongly, price is not everything..

The Fat Boy Jr. might fall into OP price range... It's a nice safe.

Back
Top Bottom