• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Gun Safe, need recommendations!

The way everyone complains about sub $1,000 safes you should be able to get into it with basic hand tools. /sarcasm.
My $400 safe kept a burgler out. That being said though I'm upgrading this year to a nicer safe. Whatever you buy make sure it's twice the size of what you think you need now!!!!!

Last edited:
If your really on a budget. Get a job box for tools
The ones that have the padlocks on the ends and you can only see the bottom of the lock where the key goes are very hard to get into

Way more secure than a cheap safe and about $350 brand new
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_12_30_aea3cadce1f5405a2007d359bc4a4da7.jpg

Last edited:
Another thing you can do is buy 2 or 3 gun cabinets (like the one's at Dick's Sporting Goods) and put them in a bedroom size closet. Then you bolt them together side to side, so they can't be taken out of the closet.

My $400 safe kept a burgler out. That being said though I'm upgrading this year to a nicer safe. Whatever you buy make sure it's twice the size of what you think you need now!!!!!

Very good advise about getting one A LOT BIGGER than you think you will need. You will fill it up faster than you think. I have a camo Cannon safe (brown instead of black) with a "camo" handle and bezel and like it a lot. Make sure that it has electrical outlet so you can put a couple of cheap LED lights inside and make it easier to see. Long barreled guns and AR's will eat space in a hurry, hence A LOT BIGGER than you think you need.

Very good advise about getting one A LOT BIGGER than you think you will need. You will fill it up faster than you think. I have a camo Cannon safe (brown instead of black) with a "camo" handle and bezel and like it a lot. Make sure that it has electrical outlet so you can put a couple of cheap LED lights inside and make it easier to see. Long barreled guns and AR's will eat space in a hurry, hence A LOT BIGGER than you think you need.

AGREED!

As stated above, buy bigger than you think you need. Most say 18, 26 gun etc.. That's sometimes with all shelves removed and sometimes stacked so close you can't get something out.
I bought what I thought I needed and as soon as I started putting things in realized it wasn't big enough

Back
Top Bottom