• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Kayak

The wife was going to spend $800-1,100 on my Christmas gift this year and i think we have decided on his and hers and little hers kayaks. Today we went and looked at the Ascend Kayaks from BPS. I liked the Ascend H12. Does anyone have any personal experience or feedback on these Kayaks?

image.jpeg

And the father of the year award goes to....

We got home, I took the kayak off the truck and put it on my shoulder, turned around and caught my daughter right on the cheek bone, with the point of the yak.

And the father of the year award goes to....

We got home, I took the kayak off the truck and put it on my shoulder, turned around and caught my daughter right on the cheek bone, with the point of the yak.
Ah damnit....she's knows it was an accident. She'll forgive you.

Ok here is the whole story....

I was experimenting with a couple different ways to get the kayak from the ground onto my shoulder, my eight year old son was standing there giving me a hard time. I got the kayak on my shoulder and said "Boy I'm gonna hit you in the head with this kayak" and made a quick move toward him. He ran and laughed when "thud!" From the back end of the kayak. I drop the yak and try to run to my daughter, who stands up and yells "stay away from me, I want mom!" She runs inside with a goose egg next to her eye yelling "daddy was trying to hit Riley with the kayak but hit me instead." I put the kayak up and went inside where my wife just looked at me, with a look that combined shame, bewilderment and rage. I said "See what happened was...."

Back
Top Bottom