• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Kayak

Ok here is the whole story....

I was experimenting with a couple different ways to get the kayak from the ground onto my shoulder, my eight year old son was standing there giving me a hard time. I got the kayak on my shoulder and said "Boy I'm gonna hit you in the head with this kayak" and made a quick move toward him. He ran and laughed when "thud!" From the back end of the kayak. I drop the yak and try to run to my daughter, who stands up and yells "stay away from me, I want mom!" She runs inside with a goose egg next to her eye yelling "daddy was trying to hit Riley with the kayak but hit me instead." I put the kayak up and went inside where my wife just looked at me, with a look that combined shame, bewilderment and rage. I said "See what happened was...."

Man I know just how that is, lol.

My kids are grown now with children of their own, my daughter is 3 years older than my son, so that part is the same too.
She's never gonna let you live it down.

I was teaching my daughter how to ride without the training wheels.
She had it and she was moving too fast for me to keep up.
She kept going when I let go and after another 50 feet or so ran right into the mailbox.
She ran into the house and told her Mom I PUSHED her into the mailbox!
She's 33 now and still teasing me about PUSHING her into the mailbox.
When I was teaching her son how to ride she made sure to warn him, "Don't let Grandpa PUSH you into the mailbox". lol

You're NEVER going to live this down. lol!

Man I know just how that is, lol.

My kids are grown now with children of their own, my daughter is 3 years older than my son, so that part is the same too.
She's never gonna let you live it down.

I was teaching my daughter how to ride without the training wheels.
She had it and she was moving too fast for me to keep up.
She kept going when I let go and after another 50 feet or so ran right into the mailbox.
She ran into the house and told her Mom I PUSHED her into the mailbox!
She's 33 now and still teasing me about PUSHING her into the mailbox.
When I was teaching her son how to ride she made sure to warn him, "Don't let Grandpa PUSH you into the mailbox". lol

You're NEVER going to live this down. lol!

Last night on the radio they were asking "What is the greatest lesson your father has taught you?" My middle daughter, who is 10, looked up at me very sincerely and said, "Dad, the greatest lesson I have learned form you, is to stay away if you have a kayak."

This little mishap is just one in a long list that I wont ever live down.

Last night on the radio they were asking "What is the greatest lesson your father has taught you?" My middle daughter, who is 10, looked up at me very sincerely and said, "Dad, the greatest lesson I have learned form you, is to stay away if you have a kayak."

This little mishap is just one in a long list that I wont ever live down.

Nope, you're going to get teased for that one forever. Lol

Fishing kayak - best money I've ever spent. And I've spent some good money. ;)

Caught this little striper this weekend at Allatoona in my 'Yak.
20160618_154917.jpg

#4 Baitholder eagle claw with 1/2 of a Canadian nightcrawler

Back
Top Bottom