• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fish finder

Lanier is where I will primarily fish, mostly the southern half of the lake. I have been putting in at the Old Federal boat ramp. I am just getting started with large lake fishing on a boat now that I am retired. My previous fishing experience was on small farm ponds growing up.
I fished it about 5 days a week for 14 years

I decided that the better unit that has the navigation would go on the console and the older fish finder only unit would be moved to the trolling motor. Your approach may be better, but I am going to give this a try and see how it works.
My best unit is on the console and the older one is going on the bow, just like your set up. But I will be doing a lot of trolling and searching for fish with it. If I was going to primarily cast from the bow, as Bass fishermen do, I would have them set up like Biker's.

I recently upgraded to a center console. It came with a high dollar Hummingbird. Now, if I ever figure out how to use it. Paperwork that came with it is written for a rocket scientist. Also, once you get on plane, the depth freezes on 1.4 feet, no matter how I position the transducer. Any ideas?

I recently upgraded to a center console. It came with a high dollar Hummingbird. Now, if I ever figure out how to use it. Paperwork that came with it is written for a rocket scientist. Also, once you get on plane, the depth freezes on 1.4 feet, no matter how I position the transducer. Any ideas?
U tube is your friend.

The lowrance hook 9 has been a good one for me. Amazing what it can shiw you down there.
IMG_20190829_183938_037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom