• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing around Barrow County?

guncrazy72

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
I am kind of getting worn out on fishing the same places over and over and am looking to see if anyone can suggest some new places that I can try thats in or close to Barrow County. I primarily fish Ft. Yargo, Sandy Creek and then the rivers around the Athens area. I either bank fish or fish out of a 10' kayak. I plan to hit Tribble Mill park soon.

Thanks!

ever try Cedar Creek, in Gillsville off Hwy129, good little lake, no bait store near by but free to fish. Bear Creek is ok if you don't mind being treated like a terrorist and over charged. I'll never go back there, I bought a season pass a few years back and they closed the lake the very next day! no refund! they take and copy your drivers lic and all passengers too! take your tag# and cell phone#, what a joke and the last time I went it was $8.00 each to fish! Never again

an awesome little fishing hole is lake elder, heading out of auburn into winder its on your right and easily seen from the road. Its a private lake but if you drive down to the entrance the house across the street has a jar on the porch and you can drop a couple bucks in and fish it. caught the biggest catfish I've ever caught outta that lake

I used to fish a small lake in Suwanee, a sub division lake, I used to take my kids there before the ACE joined three creeks and built a lake, some great fishing! if federal dollars builds it shouldn't it be open to all tax payers? any ways same thing there if you know somebody living there you can get access, a real good lake caught 3 bass over 8lbs, over time, but have not been there in about 10 years, I need my boat to fish have too much gear to carry, I have to carry oxygen these days(damn cigarettes)plus all my fihin'(some of it) to be comfortable out there

Back
Top Bottom