• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

fishing backpack/sling

ricksconnected

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
looking into getting a pack or sling for trout fishing. so many on the market.
new or used makes no difference to me but i dont even know where to start.
what are you folks using or suggesting? im a bigger guy and what ive seen looks like a altoids tin
on a gorilla's back on me lol.

I prefer a vest when trout fishing. i tried a sling pouch and it was digging into my neck the entire time and lasted only a few hours before i put my vest back together lol. im a bigger guy also, pushin 300 and 6'3 lol. vest also gives yeah enough pockets for knick knacks and snacks.

this would be a solid starter vest.

the big pouch on the back of the vest is where you put your toilet paper in a ziplock bag and a drink lol.

I prefer a vest when trout fishing. i tried a sling pouch and it was digging into my neck the entire time and lasted only a few hours before i put my vest back together lol. im a bigger guy also, pushin 300 and 6'3 lol. vest also gives yeah enough pockets for knick knacks and snacks.

this would be a solid starter vest.

the big pouch on the back of the vest is where you put your toilet paper in a ziplock bag and a drink lol.
show me your sling. i might want it.
ive got a vest but its a bit small from what im needing.
anybody else using anything cool or different?

I like my Patagonia vest front sling. Will never go back to a vest. I like to take it off and hang it in a tree when I can.

1645880994936.jpeg

i want one cause i take a lil extra with me and sometimes the dogs.
i have a orvis vest thats pretty neat and different from other vests ive seen but
its not big enough so ive never used it.

Back
Top Bottom