• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing/camping

Sorry, busy
Here are the best I got right now. Used zip ties on the holes on top of the transducer, ran them around the outside of the scupper plug, ran the cable through a drilled hole in the scupper. It can be taken on and off relatively easy, just have to redo the zip ties. But my kayak stays on a trailer and doesn’t get dragged around, or sit outside, so maybe can leave it attached. Not the most sexy rig but it’s on tight, I’ve looked a the scupper plugs made for lowrance transducers, reviews aren’t that great.
93976939-138C-4C67-9AD9-18B16607F9BC.jpeg00618226-8C0B-4804-8791-0979DF9CD154.jpegBE3E292C-0534-495C-AE69-46ECEC8729A8.jpeg

clean but i would be afraid i would knock it off. often i have to get out and drag my boat over rocks or oyster bars.
Yep, definitely thought about that, the adjustable crane that fits to the tracks and holds the transducer was another idea, but alot of the reviews say it breaks after 4-5 uses or is very flimsy. My perception has a cutout for a transducer, that one was easy!

Any places that are good for kayak fishing/car camping that’s not on a river or large reservoir? I’ve done some research but prefer first hand knowledge. Really looking for somewhere that has easy access for kayaks, decent camp sites, within 100miles of Atlanta. Looked up James h Floyd in Summerville, seems nice but never been, but that’s kinda what I’m looking for.
thanks for all the help!!

Try Fort Mountain. It is an excellent State Park on top of Fort Mountain -- usually 10 degrees cooler than Dalton. Great camp sites. Clean bathrooms and a nice small lake with plenty of fish near the outfall structure. When our boys were little -- that was our go to place....

JMHO

Yep, definitely thought about that, the adjustable crane that fits to the tracks and holds the transducer was another idea, but alot of the reviews say it breaks after 4-5 uses or is very flimsy. My perception has a cutout for a transducer, that one was easy!

my friend put one on a dowel rod and has it attached to his boat. removeable at will.

Back
Top Bottom