• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing the Surf

I have been surf fishing the florida panhandle religiously for the last 10 years. Port Siant Joe mostly. Gotta find a new spot for this spring due to Michael.

I surf fish every year when we go to the beach. I don’t really know what I’m doing though. Just trial and error for me, but I love it.

I've surf fished in gulf shores alabama many times. Caught a few croakers, a slew of reds, and 1 bull shark. Most of the time it was at night.

Used to go years ago with my grandfather. He knew just how to rig his hooks depending on what fish were running. He also made his own flat sinkers so they wouldn't roll around and give him false bite indications. We ate a lot of fish.

I have been surf fishing the florida panhandle religiously for the last 10 years. Port Siant Joe mostly. Gotta find a new spot for this spring due to Michael.
i think it will be better if u fish the new pass the hurricane made right in the middle of the cape

I fish St. simons and Amelia island beach. In the summer I get in the water.

How is Amelia Island Beach? I thought about going there this spring and summer since Cape San Blas & Port Saint Joe have been demolished. That and Navarre Beach have been my two spots I have considered the most I mainly fish for Pompano, Reds, Speckled Trout and Sharks.

i think it will be better if u fish the new pass the hurricane made right in the middle of the cape

Eagles Pass will be new for the picking. I hope the pass does not kill the ecosystem of that bay. I scallop that bay every year and have caught a slew of Trout and reds out of it.

Back
Top Bottom