• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fixing a student’s 16” AR carbine

Sounds like it might be a good candidate for a (SHUDDER!) Adjustable Gas Block--If not, why not?

in this case, the adjustable gas block is a Band-Aid. Additionally, if a company can’t get something as crucial as the gas port size even somewhat correct, I have to question the barrel as a whole.

in this case, the adjustable gas block is a Band-Aid. Additionally, if a company can’t get something as crucial as the gas port size even somewhat correct, I have to question the barrel as a whole.

I know how much you DESPISE Adjustable Gas Blocks, but in this case it appears to be a way to salvage the existing Barrel--ASSUMING the Barrel is okay otherwise--Or am I missing something?

I know how much you DESPISE Adjustable Gas Blocks, but in this case it appears to be a way to salvage the existing Barrel--ASSUMING the Barrel is okay otherwise--Or am I missing something?

It’s a cheap barrel, so why salvage it? The new barrel will be an upgrade in every way, and enhance the performance of gun.

Is it a complete radical upper? maybe they will warranty it.

Not anymore with all the work cmshoot put into it. Also, radical firearms has a 6-8 week lead time with supplying their uppers, so I doubt they will have a quick turn around time with it. It’s all good gents, new barrel, and everything specd appropriately and all for cheap due to cmshoots hospitality. It all worked out.

I fixed a guys Diamondback AR15 and the buffer retainer was mangled and came out with the spring. I asked if it was a build with DB parts or a commercial purchase and he said purchase from s local dealer. I got into it and the buffer tube was not fully turned enough time to retainer the pin. The head scratcher was the buffer tube had the little notch for the buffer retainer pin tip to pertrude through. They made this stupid mistake from the factory. To think I had seen it all and something like this crops up. Must have been Friday when the assemblers had a crack lunch

I fixed a guys Diamondback AR15 and the buffer retainer was mangled and came out with the spring. I asked if it was a build with DB parts or a commercial purchase and he said purchase from s local dealer. I got into it and the buffer tube was not fully turned enough time to retainer the pin. The head scratcher was the buffer tube had the little notch for the buffer retainer pin tip to pertrude through. They made this stupid mistake from the factory. To think I had seen it all and something like this crops up. Must have been Friday when the assemblers had a crack lunch

Yum love those crack lunches. Hit the pipe then chug an Olde English...

Back
Top Bottom