• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Florida Non-residnet permit and or possible move from Ga. to Fla.

jfcrail

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
33   0
Reaction score
I may have an opportunity for advancement that would require a move to Florida from Georgia.

I have a GWL now.

If I move it seems to me that it would be legal for me to take all my handguns and even carry them concealed however I was thinking that maybe getting a Florida non resident may be useful for now and make the transition easier if it happens.

Any one have experience getting a FLA. non resident permit? Are all the parameters the same for a resident permit? It would be sweet to have everything done ahead of time before moving and just change from non resident to resident status.

I may have to rethink some of my firearm choices. I understand that accidental printing is no longer against the law however I do not think a Ruger P90 with a T-shirt pulled over it would be considered concealed. LOL

Any advice or experience out there? I tried some searches but anything Florida and gun related just brings up a 1000 hits of Trayvon, Zimmerman etc.

BTW-- where are the good schools around JAX? How about a good competitive gymnastics gym for a girl? We would most likely be looking to live a little south of JAX. Hopefully find a nice piece of property with acreage and build my own 100 yard range!

I got a Florida Non Resident Concealed Carry Permit. Super Easy to do.

First go to the website and find your local Sherriff's office that offers appointments for the paperwork - easiest way to do it. You can make an appointment and get your paperwork done and your digital fingerprints taken. Bring with you the following documentation: proper state issued identification, a certificate or proof that you completed your required hours of the NRA approved gun course, and a recent color passport photo. Once you have all that and your ducks in a row, go to your appointment and it only takes an hour or so. You pay the fees and you get it in about 6 weeks.

Here was the thread I started way back when I got mine: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...It-Take-To-Get?highlight=florida+carry+permit

If you can't make an appointment and need to do it by mail, it's a little more of a process, but not difficult. You can find all the information here:

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom