• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

Joining this thread. I got a wild hair to learn to fly fish. My lake/pond only has 90% 12" and smaller bass and some bream so I've been switching to ultra light and medium action gear which lead me to wondering what would happen if I threw small minnows and other flies. Figure this will provide me good practice to learn before heading up into the creeks and rivers up north. The g/f loves camping so I will be spending more of my free time in Gatlinburg and north Georgia stream side. Went ahead and ordered necessary materials and as soon as they arrive practice will be underway.

Joining this thread. I got a wild hair to learn to fly fish. My lake/pond only has 90% 12" and smaller bass and some bream so I've been switching to ultra light and medium action gear which lead me to wondering what would happen if I threw small minnows and other flies. Figure this will provide me good practice to learn before heading up into the creeks and rivers up north. The g/f loves camping so I will be spending more of my free time in Gatlinburg and north Georgia stream side. Went ahead and ordered necessary materials and as soon as they arrive practice will be underway.
Fly fishing ponds for small bass and bream is so much fun. My 3 wt. gets more use than any of my setups.

I bought a Reddington Butterstick from Sierra on close out. It’s 7”6’ 4 weight fiberglass rod . Omg it crazy to cast. I fish graphite and bamboo , it’s a whole other animal. Like a giant noodle lol. I’ve cast it in my yard it’s pretty wild.
My 2wt. is a glass rod. Like you said, whole different ballgame. Fun though. I use that 2wt. just as much as my trout rods.

Mark passed on July 1st. What a tremendous lose to the fishing world. 88 years old.

1658367651712.png

Back
Top Bottom