• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

Caught 40 bluegill / 1 bass lol. Used poppers today

Attachments

• IMG_1699.jpeg
    IMG_1699.jpeg
    477.3 KB · Views: 8
I need another fly rod like a hole in my head . I ordered a 6’ 8” five weight glass rod for bush whacking. Which I seem to do. $39 off Amazon delivered . Prime day deal. If it stinks I will return it . ( I like the short fly rods when kayaking as well)

I need another fly rod like a hole in my head . I ordered a 6’ 8” five weight glass rod for bush whacking. Which I seem to do. $39 off Amazon delivered . Prime day deal. If it stinks I will return it . ( I like the short fly rods when kayaking as well)
I keep threatening to buy a nymph rod for blue lining. I like really long rods for those rhodo choked streams for dabbling, bow and arrow, etc.

that's how i feel about tenkara rods.. i cant quit buying them... My wife broke my little 9.5 ft kurenai at coopers creek last weekend. to keep from crying i just looked the other way and told her was no problem i was just glad she was out there enjoying the fishing with me. When I got home i ordered new tip for mine and a new rod for her.

River or stream Trout fisherman- if you catch and release, do you do it in this air temperature (85-95+)?

Reason I ask is, the larger trout outfitters shut down in the heat of the summer months. It was explained to me that when water temps hit 68 degrees and higher, the oxygen levels drop significantly in rivers/streams. If trout are caught and released, they are struggling to heal themselves from the catching "trauma" as well as trying to get what little oxygen they can due to the higher temp. Many fish die during this heat and distress of being caught and released.

What are the experienced trout fly fisherman's thoughts on this?

River or stream Trout fisherman- if you catch and release, do you do it in this air temperature (85-95+)?

Reason I ask is, the larger trout outfitters shut down in the heat of the summer months. It was explained to me that when water temps hit 68 degrees and higher, the oxygen levels drop significantly in rivers/streams. If trout are caught and released, they are struggling to heal themselves from the catching "trama" as well as trying to get what little oxygen they can due to the higher temp. Many fish die during this heat and distress of being caught and released.

If I'm not going to eat it, I leave it in my net in the water and remove the hook. Trout does not leave the water and when I am not fishing to eat, I use a barbless hook

Reason I ask is, the larger trout outfitters shut down in the heat of the summer months. It was explained to me that when water temps hit 68 degrees and higher, the oxygen levels drop significantly in rivers/streams. If trout are caught and released, they are struggling to heal themselves from the catching "trauma" as well as trying to get what little oxygen they can due to the higher temp. Many fish die during this heat and distress of being caught and released.

I fish tail waters . Always cold .high elevation streams keep cold as well.

Back
Top Bottom