• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

My boy landed his first wild brook trout recently. We left home around 4:45 AM, reached our target area around 7:00 AM, did some hiking and his first cast around 7:55 AM landed him his first brookie! Boy he was happy as ****!!!

20230711_075546.jpg

My boy landed his first wild brook trout recently. We left home around 4:45 AM, reached our target area around 7:00 AM, did some hiking and his first cast around 7:55 AM landed him his first brookie! Boy he was happy as ****!!!

View attachment 5971186
Those little gems mean more to me than the biggest browns in the Toccoa. Congrats to the young man.

Those little gems mean more to me than the biggest browns in the Toccoa. Congrats to the young man.
never caught a big brown or a big trout really(maybe 15") but its safe for me to say the same about those brooks. And a huge congrats to your son. I probably act the same way when i catch one.....still

other than the warpaint that's how I go hunting trout. And i do my best to snek 👟up on them

My boy has a big white round face that stands right out in the rhododendron canopy. LOL. So anything to try to help him land a brookie I was up for. We crept, we crawled, we kneeled, we hand cast, and we painted his face. :)

My boy has a big white round face that stands right out in the rhododendron canopy. LOL. So anything to try to help him land a brookie I was up for. We crept, we crawled, we kneeled, we hand cast, and we painted his face. :)
That’s bluelining! Dabbling, bow and arrow casts, laying down. Love it. Always come home with something torn or stained.

Back
Top Bottom