• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FN FNS Review

very good review, makes me want one. Just don't care for the $$$$$$ they go for, BUT you get what you pay for

FNP: main differences are cosmetic. Glock type rail. No safety, decock only.

FNX: updated checkering. Forward cocking serrations. Decocker and safety to allow condition 1 carry. Very much like the FNP-45.

FNS: identical to FNX, just striker fired.
They can all use the same barrels, which is good as there are no FNX in 357SIG.EFK makes threaded FNP barrels too.
Ahh, thank you for the info. I've been eyeing a buddies FNX for a while now.

I need to find another store with one in stock. I fondled the FNS-9 that was at Big Woods but the trigger felt like poo-poo. It was almost exactly like one of those cheap $5 spring loaded airsoft pistols you get at flea markets. About 1/2" of soggy creep with a surprise break that was crisp as a bag of ruffles left open overnight. Had it not been for the trigger I'd have taken it home with me on the spot. The fun part would have been figuring out where to put it on the bike with no saddle bags :lol:

Well done Sir. You did a Great review on the fns9. I have one & love it so much I want one for both hands. I also have a fnp9 & fnx45 and love them too. I use to have a G21sf 45acp until I shot the fnx45 & compared them both by shooting 5 rds & swapping, shooting 5 & swapping . I traded the Glock. I also use to have a G19 & did the same with my fns9. Shoot 5 & swap. I traded the G19 for an fnp9. I'm out of Glocks. And I will not Trade my FN's.

Last that I heard Dave Sevigny, formerly glock's top shooter, surprised everyone by going over to FN instead of S&W.
I have no doubt he had considerable influence in some of the characteristics of this platform.

Great review! I got mine a couple months ago and love it. I've been surprised I haven't seen more about this gun.

I didn't know FNX mags would work. That's good news.

This review helped me to purchase mine and I also like the flat backstrap as opposed to the arched , as soon as you pich this pistol up it just feels like you can handle very smoothly I hate to say it but my glock may be getting a little more safe time .
Thanks again for the thorough review !

Back
Top Bottom