Focus on HB875 For Another Two Days! Lets Get a W not an L

Adeste

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
20   0
Reaction score

March 15, 2014

Dear GCO Member,
There are only two more legislative days left in this year's session. We have this coming Tuesday's session, a non legisative day on Wednesday followed by sine die on Thursday, March 20. We have very little time left to secure a good gun bill this year and need your help.
It is imperative EVERY GCO MEMBER contact their officials, especially Lt. Governor, Casey Cagle. You can start contacting him over the weekend via email and FAX and of course leave voice mails on his office phone. Please contact him no later than Monday morning if possible. The message is simple: (Feel free to change the below message, but please make the points stated in same.)

"I am a member of GeorgiaCarry.Org and I want HB60 passed as it was amended and passed out of the House, especially the private property rights portion. There is no reason for the State of Georgia to continue to deny my God given constitutionally enumerated rights to self-protection. It is past time for the Senate to pass a good gun bill that allows law-abiding citizens such as myself to protect my family and myself wherever the need might arise. Please pass HB60 as it was amended and passed by the House."
Contact Information for the Lt. Governor, Casey Cagle

Office of the Lieutenant Governor

240 State Capitol
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 656-5030
Fax: (404) 656-6739

In order to email the Lt. Governor, you must go here and fill out the form:

We also need you to continue to contact the Governor Nathan Deal, President Pro Tempore David Shafer and your Senator. We need you to call, write, FAX and email the above people if at all possible. We would like to see everyone's email box and voice mail full if they are not already full. We need to send the message stated above.
It is imperative that you let these people know that you want HB60 passed as it was amended and passed the House. Be short and to the point in all communications with your senator. As stated in the past and we continue to state, please show your elected officials respect when contacting them in any manner. Threats of never voting for them get you nowhere very quickly and hurt, rather than help our cause.

Contact Information for Governor Nathan Deal

Address:
The Office of the Governor
State of Georgia
203 State Capitol
Atlanta, Georgia 30334

Address for mail:
206 Washington Street
Suite 203, State Capitol
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: 404-656-1776
Fax: 404-657-7332

In order to email the Governor, you must go here and fill out the form:

====================
Contact Information for President Pro Tempore, David Shafer

Capitol Office
321 State Capitol
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 656-0048
Fax: (404) 463-5220

Email: david.shafer@senate.ga.gov
====================

How to find your elected officials in GA

There are several ways to determine who your state elected officials are. Here are a couple of ways to help you when writing your elected officials.

If you are a registered voter, click here to find your elected officials in GA.

This is the Georgia Secretary of State "my voter" page. With it, you can type in your specific information to pull voter info, including their Georgia Senate and House member.

Just fyi- we DO NOT want HB875- it's trash in it's current form. We're trying to get HB60, HB826 and SB 93 passed. Call your senatator for HB60 and HB826 and your rep for SB93.

HB 60 is the comprehensive carry bill
HB 826 allows schools discretion regarding dangerous objects (for example a boyscout who left a pocket knife in his car won't get kicked out and sent too alt school)
SB93 allows the use of suppressors whilst hunting.

Just fyi- we DO NOT want HB875- it's trash in it's current form. We're trying to get HB60, HB826 and SB 93 passed. Call your senatator for HB60 and HB826 and your rep for SB93.

HB 60 is the comprehensive carry bill
HB 826 allows schools discretion regarding dangerous objects (for example a boyscout who left a pocket knife in his car won't get kicked out and sent too alt school)
SB93 allows the use of suppressors whilst hunting.

I'll second that.

Back
Top Bottom