For the AK-ophiles

I will be on the lookout. Thanks for the heads up!

Does anyone have experience with AK cans? It seems every time I look into them people say they aren't worth my time. That's why I never went that route. I have no experience so I do not know. Do they make a good can that actually works well?

The 2 designs featured in this magazine deal with such issues as lack of concentricity in barrel threads and other idiosyncracies of the suppressed AK. They're designed specifically to be run on an AK.

Reactions: MRH
The 2 designs featured in this magazine deal with such issues as lack of concentricity in barrel threads and other idiosyncracies of the suppressed AK. They're designed specifically to be run on an AK.

That's one of the things I was concerned about. I kept hearing a .30 cal can was the standard, which could mean lots of different guns. Thanks for the info.

I always liked the look the PBS gave the AK. I actually almost bought one as my first can, it was made by a semi- well known shop that built FAL and AKs. After some research, I went with a modern can design. About a year later, the shop got signed a tv show and I was able to get a peek into the shops daily life. Dodged RedJacket Firearms and all their sh!tty products.

I dont think the design was very good to be honest.
If you look, just a buch of washers with a few supporting columns. Looks easy to take apart but it doesn't divert the gases any direction.

I dont think the design was very good to be honest.
If you look, just a buch of washers with a few supporting columns. Looks easy to take apart but it doesn't divert the gases any direction.

The PBS-1 wasn't a very good suppressor. The Dead Air has the external looks, but Dead Air quality-designed and made internals.

The PBS-1 wasn't a very good suppressor. The Dead Air has the external looks, but Dead Air quality-designed and made internals.

didnt even know they made this.
I thought someone was going to import a PBS-1
looks like a bunch of k baffles
and it doesnt even have the locking latch to hold the internals.

I think someone can import the body without the core and then reengineer a better monocore setup.

Mike Pappas has also said that his Wolverine wasnt built to be the quietest on the market, but just to work well on the AK. He posted a video the other day and it looked like there was no gas in his face even though he was firing full auto. It didnt look like he had earplugs in either, so it must be reasonably quiet. Im excited to see him bringing different stuff to the market

Cans on AKs aren't going to be all that quiet but they do take the edge off. Just don't expect something spectacular. It doesn't matter who makes the suppressor, AKs are just terrible suppression hosts. With that being said. I'm a huge deadair fan (own 3) and I'm quiet sure that the PBS-1 screams quality just like the rest.
20150517_142844.jpg

Back
Top Bottom