• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For the Love of GOD...OUR MILLENNIALS are killing me!!!

Two Spaces or One Space (between the period and the beginning of next sentence)?

• TWO SPACES...Take a Stance. Don't take Schit from them

• ONE SPACE...Typewriters, what are those?

• TACOS

• What are TACOS

Results are only viewable after voting.
I guess you might want to start taking a closer look at their work, they might have an extra space or two that you can give the RED X. lol

upload_2017-11-16_8-46-33.png

I'm the tail end of 'Boomer' and I never even heard of using two spaces. But then again I'm a two-finger typist and it seems to be a old-school typewriter trick.

"The Complete Manual on Typography (2003) states that "The typewriter tradition of separating sentences with two word spaces after a period has no place in typesetting" and the single space is "standard typographic practice"."

Since working on a computer, post-Mac at least, stuck to the basics of typesetting, I'm thinking 'two spaces' went the way of the Dodo when people started being able to use fonts and having to lay out text like old-school typesetters.

While taking typing - yes, typing - my senior year in high school in 1982 we were taught to use two spaces after a period.

Wow, I'm old and set in my ways!

Oh, and so glad I learned home keys and all that jazz 'cause the next thing you know computers are everywhere!

Back
Top Bottom