For those in Bibb County, this would effectively shut down centerfire hunting on small properties

I think Joe Allen has to do something for his friends at Lake Tobesofkee. There's going to be some ordinance, but it may be restricted to the lake area.

Joe Allen bought a nice house in Barrington Hall not too long ago, lot of woods between his house and Zebulon Rd. I know of at least two folks that shoot and hunt back his way. That was why he jumped on board with it.

What ticks me off, outside the restraining order, they didn't get cited one time for harassing these hunters.

I used to spend a lot of weekends in Macon back in the early to mid 90's. A bunch of us from South Ga and North Ga would meet at a big white column hotel near S&S and throw down for the weekend. We would go to the Turkeyrama in Perry or meet for a Skynyrd/ZZ concert at the Coliseum. Always ended up at the Whiskey River. There was even a cool little blues bar off Riverside near the 2nd street bridge. I couldn't believe how empty downtown is. Looks like a damn ghost town!

you haven't been here in a while, a lot of money is being sunk into downtown, not a ghost town anymore, maybe the edges of it. I was at that zz/skynard show. To bad zz went to the dark side and supports ORourke

Joe Allen bought a nice house in Barrington Hall not too long ago, lot of woods between his house and Zebulon Rd. I know of at least two folks that shoot and hunt back his way. That was why he jumped on board with it.

What ticks me off, outside the restraining order, they didn't get cited one time for harassing these hunters.
Frankly I'm surprised the Sheriff's deputies didn't "find" some reason to cite the hunters. Maybe they had more common sense than that, who knows. I do know that Elaine Lucas and Al Tillman were disappointed that Joe Allen dropped the push to get an ordinance. You know, so those "white folks" couldn't be out hunting for deer. The "lake people" will absolutely be back for this. I just wonder who will be the nitwit commissioner that shills for them at council. Look for “deuxième épisode” just prior to next year's hunting season opening for rifles.

you haven't been here in a while, a lot of money is being sunk into downtown, not a ghost town anymore, maybe the edges of it. I was at that zz/skynard show. To bad zz went to the dark side and supports ORourke

I was down there twice last week. Sure did see a lot of vacant store fronts downtown. I hope it changes.

I was down there twice last week. Sure did see a lot of vacant store fronts downtown. I hope it changes.
Undeniable that there are many vacant store fronts downtown, but not nearly so many as there used to be. Some that appear vacant aren't, but are painted up facades for a television show that has been filming downtown recently. Were here for that? I don't remember if you said what you do for work.

We go to the opera house for shows but usually bail out for dinner elsewhere. There is safety in numbers and a herd makes it harder for the predators.

Undeniable that there are many vacant store fronts downtown, but not nearly so many as there used to be. Some that appear vacant aren't, but are painted up facades for a television show that has been filming downtown recently. Were here for that? I don't remember if you said what you do for work.

We sell and support large format engineering equipment. Large plotters and office printers. I was at the Bibb co sheriff's office right off Riverside. Wasn't there a Hilton hotel or something near there?

Harassing hunters would have to be issued by the DNR. Not sure if sheriff can do it, but I don't think so. And they take it very seriously, but they have to catch them in the act.

We sell and support large format engineering equipment. Large plotters and office printers. I was at the Bibb co sheriff's office right off Riverside. Wasn't there a Hilton hotel or something near there?

There are several hotels that have shut down in Macon. Who the hell wants to stay here?

Back
Top Bottom