For those in Bibb County, this would effectively shut down centerfire hunting on small properties

Yes that is correct. But this proposed ordinance specifically dealt with hunting within a certain distance from a house - not discharge of a firearm. And hence my comment.

You should read the actual resolution. As proposed right now, it bans the discharge of "any rifle" within 250 feet of a residence for any purpose including "for purposes of hunting." So it is a general ban on the discharge of rifles, not an [overt] attempt to regulate hunting.

Clarke County has a similar rule, and the state has had no problems with it.

You should read the actual resolution. As proposed right now, it bans the discharge of "any rifle" within 250 feet of a residence for any purpose including "for purposes of hunting." So it is a general ban on the discharge of rifles, not an [overt] attempt to regulate hunting.

Clarke County has a similar rule, and the state has had no problems with it.

All sorts of counties have those restrictions. Again that was not the original proposal when this first started and hence my comment back when it started.

And you should go read the articles and watch the videos. It was an overt attempt to regulate hunting as this is how the entire thing started. A jackass was mad because hunters were hunting near his house, and he started harassing them. And he had a friend on the city council to get all this started. Now it is a covert attempt to regulate hunting under the guise of a ban on the discharge of firearms so now more people are suffering because of the actions of one damn asshole.

I used to spend a lot of weekends in Macon back in the early to mid 90's. A bunch of us from South Ga and North Ga would meet at a big white column hotel near S&S and throw down for the weekend. We would go to the Turkeyrama in Perry or meet for a Skynyrd/ZZ concert at the Coliseum. Always ended up at the Whiskey River. There was even a cool little blues bar off Riverside near the 2nd street bridge. I couldn't believe how empty downtown is. Looks like a damn ghost town!
It comes alive a little at night. There are several brew pubs now and a lot of restaurants with good food. The bums are still all over. Even had one approach us outside the government building boldly asking for cigarettes or ten dollars to buy cigarettes. LOL.

Moon were you the guy that spoke for the gun club,I would have introduced my self to you if I knew you were there.i think I seen just one more I have meet him once.

Moon were you the guy that spoke for the gun club,I would have introduced my self to you if I knew you were there.i think I seen just one more I have meet him once.
That was Mr. Stone, a member of the club (highly valued) and local attorney. He's the best I'm telling you and I'm proud to know him! I was the bald guy sitting next to him (also in coat & tie). My V.P. at the gun club was sitting to my left. I'm 6'2" and 225 lbs and they make me look like a little feller, LOL!

Curiously conspicuous by his absence at the podium was the primary protagonist in this whole mess. I saw Majewski in the meeting on the front row but he never spoke. I guess he figures he's paid Joe Allen to do his speaking for him.

B6C65BCF-1BA3-4F06-AD1E-E40471CD1390.png
Way to go sportsman stand up.

A short term win. Good on all who showed up at the hearings to speak and stand in solidarity with the private property rights side of the argument.

That being said....these types of people that live at Pinnacle Point are NOT the type of people that are accustomed to being told "no."

They will absolutely come back with new tactics and new allies in local "government" of the same ilk as Joe Allen.

Everyone should remain vigilant.

A short term win. Good on all who showed up at the hearings to speak and stand in solidarity with the private property rights side of the argument.

That being said....these types of people that live at Pinnacle Point are NOT the type of people that are accustomed to being told "no."

They will absolutely come back with new tactics and new allies in local "government" of the same ilk as Joe Allen.

Sounds like we need to take a protest to them...

tenor.gif

Best politicans money can buy.

Back
Top Bottom