• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For you hog hunters....

BAITING Bait: corn, wheat, other grains, salts, apples, and other feed that has been placed, exposed, deposited, distributed, or scattered so as to constitute a lure, attraction, or enticement to game animals or game birds. IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR ANY PERSON TO: •Hunt any game animal (except as noted below) or game bird upon, over, around, or near bait. •Hunt any area for a period of 10 days following complete removal of all bait. •Hunt any big game or feral hog over bait or place bait on any State or Federal managed lands. •Place bait in a manner that will cause hunting on an adjacent property to be prohibited. Taking of any big game over bait is subject to a fine of $5,000 and/or imprisonment up to 12 months. EXCEPTIONS FOR DEER (ZONE LIMITED): •In Harris, Talbot, Taylor, Peach, Houston, Twiggs, Wilkinson, Washington, Jefferson and Burke Counties and all counties south of these, deer may be hunted over or near any bait on private lands provided the hunter has written permission from the landowner. •In Troup, Meriwether, Upson, Crawford, Bibb, Jones, Baldwin, Hancock, Glascock, Warren, McDuffie and Richmond Counties and all counties north of these, it is unlawful to hunt deer within 200 yards or within line of sight of bait.

EXCEPTIONS FOR FERAL HOGS (STATEWIDE): •Feral hogs may be hunted over or near bait on private lands year round in every county provided that the bait is not placed within 50 yards of any property ownership boundary. •Placing bait for hogs may make a property (or portion of a property) un-huntable for other species, such as turkeys. Hunters are urged to communicate with others who may hunt other species on or near an area where baiting for deer or hogs is being considered.

People have been making these and similar for years. Funny that's someone's profiting from the concept. People use 4" PVC. Others make Hog roll barrels and use the 13 gallon or even 55 gallon drums from a car wash that they fill with soap. I like these better because they're loud when the hogs beat them up and lift them up in the air to get the corn out. U can hunt from far away and stalk in when u hear them hitting it. Put about 25 lbs of corn inside, chain it to a t post like in the video and cut a couple 9/16ths inch holes in em. The bigger ones are good for judging s hogs size. I like the 13 gallon sized ones best. If I put too much corn in them they won't mess with t bc it's too heavy/too much effort for them to get the corn out. Also, smearing peanut butter to the sides of the barrel helps educate that hogs to get them to roll them around and get corn coming out so they know to keep doing this for food. Heres one that I made.
57e113f4130069c8683e78b3326e7442.jpg
344047d484acc0d8f7356f784f08c3a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google hog roll barrel.
You have to make them very durable or the hogs will break them and your barrel will end up hundreds of yards away. Good lick

The squirrels chewed the holes out in mine and when the pigs rolled it they got all the corn out overnite:censored:

This has happened to me before also. Fortunately the barrels are free if u find the right car wash/dumpster. Maybe if u drill the holes a certain way they can't chew through them. If I recall correctly they only chewed through the ones that I drilled at an angle and bored out with the drill. Straight in and straight out with the drill seemed like they could get started on em. Or maybe it was the exact opposite haha. Or maybe it was a coincidence. But a couple of the original ones on my dads place are still good to go and a couple other got chewed through and had to be replaced. And he only has 65 acres with 3 roll barrels.

Back
Top Bottom