• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ford 6.7 diesel

You sir are a 1% are there any 6.4 running good sure

But with the amount of fleets we have with 6.4 and how much I work on them

I disagree with these pos being anything but a boat anchor

my original post was incorrect. the truck we had in iraq was a 2010. It had the 6.4L
turbo lag like a *****, but boy that was a tough truck.
I'd take one any day.
Those vehicles also don't have all emission crap that tears these motors up

The 6.7 is the new 7.3

No 6.7 is beyond advanced then a 7.3

7.3 doesn't exist anymore , no comparison between two ....

Lol

The only reoccurring problem I'm aware of on the 6.7 are sensor failures with the factory exhaust. Not really a motor issue but more of the EPA BS that was never intended to be on a diesel. But with the exception of the head studs on the 6.0 has been the blame for all Fords woes in the Diesel realm. I drive a 7.3 daily but its because I love my truck. If I were in the market for a new truck it would be a 6.7. Install 4" aftermarket exhaust and the programmer of choice.

Bought me a new truck a few weeks ago. I have owned a Chevy Duramax and loved it, especially the Allison transmission. When I looked at the new diesels price tags I decided to go old school. My "new" truck is a 2000 F-250 Superduty with the good ol loud and clackety 7.3.

I have put about 5k on it, including a recent trip to FLA for my sons dirt bike races. I am starting to understand the 7.3 mystique .....this truck is growing on me fast!

Bought me a new truck a few weeks ago. I have owned a Chevy Duramax and loved it, especially the Allison transmission. When I looked at the new diesels price tags I decided to go old school. My "new" truck is a 2000 F-250 Superduty with the good ol loud and clackety 7.3.

I have put about 5k on it, including a recent trip to FLA for my sons dirt bike races. I am starting to understand the 7.3 mystique .....this truck is growing on me fast!

things to add to 7.3

OEM ford fuel filters only
turbo ped oring/seals
add either a 6.0 trans cooler or add 20gvw cooler from summit, I went with 40gvr and no issues over heating under heavy loads, or in mtns
tuner is a must to open her up some and exhaust
banks trans module is a must, mounts on side trans and makes it shift harder firmer and makes it last long time
get ready to rebuild trans with all billet parts, cost 5-9k for good trans
injector harness and injectors are known to go bad, I suggest everytime you fill up add 1qt transmission atf fluid, this will keep those injectors clean and last you
keep oil changed every 5k miles, I don't do anything over 5k on any engine, my OCD ways I guess
have a cam sensor spare in glove box, learn where it is and how to change , these always fail,, OEM ONLY

ball joints, if never been replaced you will soon and be ready both upper and lowers

buy a spare driver seat, very normal these damage and they will soon be harder to find ...I upgraded to 06 model leather seats front and rear , direct bolt in

Back
Top Bottom