• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ford Maverick Pickup

They really need a manual, coasting in neutral would do wonders for raising the mpg. I used to easily get mid 30's with my '03 Mazda B2300. Even had it to 47 mpg going to N. Georgia with those big hills on the hwy.

That ecoboost engine with a 6 speed would be perfect.

The S10/Ranger used to be the poors man's pickup but now I know at least before covid coloraod was really no cheaper than the silverado (maybe 2k).

Glad to see somebody making an affordable truck. I just hate it has turbos. Ford track record with some of them not been great and turbos scare me on a DD.

But for 21k seems like a good deal if you can fit in it. I dont' know how could it would be if your over 6 foot or so.......that is my issue with smaller trucks.

I love the gas MPG!! keep us updated on it!

The S10/Ranger used to be the poors man's pickup but now I know at least before covid coloraod was really no cheaper than the silverado (maybe 2k).

Glad to see somebody making an affordable truck. I just hate it has turbos. Ford track record with some of them not been great and turbos scare me on a DD.

But for 21k seems like a good deal if you can fit in it. I dont' know how could it would be if your over 6 foot or so.......that is my issue with smaller trucks.

I love the gas MPG!! keep us updated on it!

the maverick has more interior room than the new rangers. im 6 foot 3, 300lbs and i sit very comfortable in the maverick. cant wait for supply to come back so i can get one lol.

What's "hyper mile driving"?

basically driving to save fuel. Not flooring it, racing people, and doing stupid stuff.
On this maverick, you accelerate till the speed limit and then barely touch the throttle so it maintains speed with the electric motor. Gas engine is off.

They really need a manual, coasting in neutral would do wonders for raising the mpg. I used to easily get mid 30's with my '03 Mazda B2300. Even had it to 47 mpg going to N. Georgia with those big hills on the hwy.

That ecoboost engine with a 6 speed would be perfect.
only a small portion of the population can drive w manual now......
and a smaller portion actually would want one. Traffic, texting, etc.
Think how many 16-30 year olds even know what a manual trans is.

When hybrids coast, they are typically with engine off so it saves even more fuel than running in neutral.

the maverick has more interior room than the new rangers. im 6 foot 3, 300lbs and i sit very comfortable in the maverick. cant wait for supply to come back so i can get one lol.
I'd agree. I'm no where near your size at 6' and 200 lbs. I fit in the front seats with seat no where near all the way back. No issues on room whatsoever. Also in the back seat it is plenty of room for a six foot guy on a normal drive. Wouldn't want to ride in the back to Florida but for any 30-60 min drive it would be fine.

basically driving to save fuel. Not flooring it, racing people, and doing stupid stuff.
On this maverick, you accelerate till the speed limit and then barely touch the throttle so it maintains speed with the electric motor. Gas engine is off.

Presumably, when the battery is exhausted (or reaches whatever lower limit is set in the software), the engine fires up to provide both power to the wheels and to recharge the battery?

Yes and no.
Ford originally thought 40% of the Mavericks would be hybrids and 60% the ecoboost. I don't have the exacts on what the reality is, but i would guess, 80% hybrid and 20% ecoboost. Even the dealer said everyone wants the hybrid, not the ecoboost.

The ecoboost is pretty capable and the MPG is pretty good with it. I'd have one, even at MSRP.

Presumably, when the battery is exhausted (or reaches whatever lower limit is set in the software), the engine fires up to provide both power to the wheels and to recharge the battery?
It uses regen braking and coasting recharges the battery. Battery is almost always at 100% the way i'm driving. It will show you.
I presume if one did run it low, gas motor would fire up to recharge. yes.

Realistically you cannot drive it on total electric for very long around here. First good hill that you hit the gas motor fires up. I've tried. anytime you give more than a little throttle gas motor fires up.

Back
Top Bottom