• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ford Maverick Pickup

Well.... the Maverick came in Monday. Fortunately that was enough of a delay to allow me to do some reading in various owner groups about the unbelievable amount of problems with these trucks. :shocked: Holy christmas. I decided to not take delivery, and bought a new '23 SR5 Tacoma Double Cab long wheel base yesterday.
The unbelievable problems with the Mavericks aside, the deciding factors for me were, I got a 6-ft bed (big deal to me) a naturally aspirated V6 (another preference) and hopefully something where I won't get to know the service manager at the dealer service center on a first name basis. Not to mention The historically ridiculous resell. The Frontiers fit the V6 six foot bed desires as well but the dealers were slow and difficult to work with and good Lord the back seat in those things sucks beyond belief. And oh yeah, the Tacoma was shockingly less $$$ than either. The redesigned 24 Tacomas (no more V6s offered) are just starting to show up so they are dealing on the leftover 23's.
(I'm really going to miss the comfort and utility of the Avalanche and wish they still made them, but it's going to have to go. Well I guess they do now with the 2024 Electric Silverado but no, just no.)

Man, that’s a shame. We only have a handful now so it’s a small sampling, but they have ran flawlessly for 20k miles in the 7 months or so that we have had them. Shoot me a link to the group you were in. I’d like to read up on it some. (We are running the hybrids)

Man…..I’ve got the itch for a Tacoma and y’all ain’t helping. The only hang up is the gas mileage, wish is was at least 25 on the highway.
The Force is strong in you

toyota.jpg

Man, that’s a shame. We only have a handful now so it’s a small sampling, but they have ran flawlessly for 20k miles in the 10 months or so that we have had them. Shoot me a link to the group you were in. I’d like to read up on it some. (We are running the hybrids)
Several fakebook owners group. What's crazy is they talk about the countless number of problems and if anybody says anything negative they are like piranha in the water to bash them. It's a cultish group, I guess like most owner's groups. I never posted anything but just read the crazy problems. CV axles breaking to an extent that they are on backorder for months and people are dead in the water. Soft windshields (who knew there was such a a thing?), absurdly thin and defective paint, electronic problems out the yang! And QC problems too numerous to list! It's just a cheap vehicle. If anybody wants one of those I would suggest ordering the cheapest base model you can get and definitely the ecoboost engine as it appears the hybrids have noticeably more problems than the ice versions. The sticker on mine was over 37k but that was the Lariat with 4k tow package. I would have still gotten it just because it would have been an easier commuter but I have never had a single mechanical problem (meaning anything that left me in the side of the road) with any vehicle I've ever owned. I'd really not like to start now.

Do the math. Gas mileage is overrated if it's a cost concern. And nobody is cheaper than me. 😜

Honestly, it’s a tax free money maker for me. I’ll use it as a company vehicle and drive 40-50k miles a year. I have a couple years to decide I guess, but I have been spoiled with the 32mpg in the RAV4.

My kiddo has claimed my personal truck, so I’ll be without one in a couple of years. My 2010 F150 may have 60k mils on it by then, lol.

Several fakebook owners group. What's crazy is they talk about the countless number of problems and if anybody says anything negative they are like piranha in the water to bash them. It's a cultish group, I guess like most owner's groups. I never posted anything but just read the crazy problems. CV axles breaking to an extent that they are on backorder for months and people are dead in the water. Soft windshields (who knew there was such a a thing?), absurdly thin and defective paint, electronic problems out the yang! And QC problems too numerous to list! It's just a cheap vehicle. If anybody wants one of those I would suggest ordering the cheapest base model you can get and definitely the ecoboost engine as it appears the hybrids have noticeably more problems than the ice versions. The sticker on mine was over 37k but that was the Lariat with 4k tow package. I would have still gotten it just because it would have been an easier commuter but I have never had a single mechanical problem (meaning anything that left me in the side of the road) with any vehicle I've ever owned. I'd really not like to start now.

I was cynical from the start, but these things have proven me wrong (so far). The axle issue makes me a little nervous since I travel around the state for work. But if it’s made it 20,000 miles then maybe it’s good to go. :car:

I was cynical from the start, but these things have proven me wrong (so far). The axle issue makes me a little nervous since I travel around the state for work. But if it’s made it 20,000 miles then maybe it’s good to go. :car:
I'm sure MOST are fine, and hopefully yours will continue to be. But there is definitely an inordinate amount of problems with them. Hopefully a lot of it is related to supply chain issues and demand. And as the years go by they will settle in to be in line with others. America needs small truck options. Toyota and Dodge both have offerings in other countries, and the rumors so far have only been rumors. But more competition is better. Bring 'em!

Man…..I’ve got the itch for a Tacoma and y’all ain’t helping. The only hang up is the gas mileage, wish is was at least 25 on the highway.

I get 21 but it is a 4WD so I can't complain
A wise man once said, “if you’re gonna work those horses, ya gotta feed ‘em”.

Back
Top Bottom