• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Maverick Pickup

I'm going to disagree with you there about resale value. As much as I hate Nissan, the Frontier does have some appeal though.
Based on used sales records, and ALG estimates, the Frontier is projected to maintain up to 88.6% of its value after five years of ownership, while the Tacoma is expected to retain about 87.6% of its value. Obviously, one percentage point isn't a vast difference, but it still puts the Frontier on top.

Attachments

• 2023 Boss.jpg
    2023 Boss.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 7
Well.... the Maverick came in Monday. Fortunately that was enough of a delay to allow me to do some reading in various owner groups about the unbelievable amount of problems with these trucks. :shocked: Holy christmas. I decided to not take delivery, and bought a new '23 SR5 Tacoma Double Cab long wheel base yesterday.
The unbelievable problems with the Mavericks aside, the deciding factors for me were, I got a 6-ft bed (big deal to me) a naturally aspirated V6 (another preference), decent tow capacity, and hopefully something where I won't get to know the service manager at the dealer service center on a first name basis. Not to mention The historically ridiculous resell. The Frontiers fit the V6 six foot bed desires as well but the dealers were slow and difficult to work with and good Lord the back seat in those things sucks beyond belief. And oh yeah, the Tacoma was shockingly less $$$ than either. The redesigned 24 Tacomas (no more V6s offered) are just starting to show up so they are dealing on the leftover 23's.
(I'm really going to miss the comfort and utility of the Avalanche and wish they still made them, but it's going to have to go. Well I guess they do now with the 2024 Electric Silverado but no, just no.)

Tacomas are pretty nice in every department except 1, i am 6 foot 3 280lb lol. tacomas are for short skinny people.

i have decided against the maverick as well. i got into another f150 from my escape i used to have and i am enjoying having leg room again to much to go back to something smaller lol. when interest rates go back down ill be looking at upgrading from my regular cab f150 to an extended cab f150 only because i want to bring both my nephews and neice fishing at the same time lol.

Based on used sales records, and ALG estimates, the Frontier is projected to maintain up to 88.6% of its value after five years of ownership, while the Tacoma is expected to retain about 87.6% of its value. Obviously, one percentage point isn't a vast difference, but it still puts the Frontier on top.
I have a 2014 Tacoma TRD Offroad. Look at what they sell for used. Find a comparably equipped 2014 Frontier. You'll see the Toyota selling for a considerably higher price than the Nissan. No projections required. Maybe 10 years into the future things will be different.

Sounds like it keeps stalling? Hmmm....maybe you need to get a AAA membership.

I bet they have a special for Chevie owners. I'm sure they are very familiar with them.

They black balled me. Wouldn't renew my membership since I was wearing them out towing all "projects" home. Never exceeded the allowed amount of service but they cut me free!

Back
Top Bottom