• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Maverick Pickup

Well it looks like the standard version is a hybrid that gets 40 mpg & the next engine is the turbo version. I would have linked a video but all of the ones I found seem like they were being hosted by some hippie/douche that never owned a truck before.

Even has the little twist gear shifter on the center console :puke:

Well it looks like the standard version is a hybrid that gets 40 mpg & the next engine is the turbo version. I would have linked a video but all of the ones I found seem like they were being hosted by some hippie/douche that never owned a truck before.

Even has the little twist gear shifter on the center console :puke:

But is it "cute"? Notice how they released it during gay pride month? Hmmm??? Guess they know their market! :pop2:

I was actually considering this for a commuter but it appears they missed on the 3 critical things I'd have wanted for that use.
1) Must have a 6' bed option. Nope.
2) Must have a non hybrid/turbo option. Nope.
3) Must have a 'king cab/extended' cab option vs 4 full doors. Nope.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll still fit the bill for many and it looks like they did give the bed some practicality considerations, but I'm afraid the initial offerings are going to be a pass. Starting at $20k ought to make it pretty popular though.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ford-mavericks-flexbed-packs-big-135000667.html

I was actually considering this for a commuter but it appears they missed on the 3 critical things I'd have wanted for that use.
1) Must have a 6' bed option. Nope.
2) Must have a non hybrid/turbo option. Nope.
3) Must have a 'king cab/extended' cab option vs 4 full doors. Nope.

Agreed.

I'm also disappointed in the lack of a manual transmission. Even if one were to drive this like a sports pickup, the manual would have made it all the more fun given the turbo, awd & independent rear suspension.

If they had only tweaked the original Ranger to include a solid front axle & a modern engine design it would have been a huge hit with buyers. The main thing that killed the older Ranger was that it had a crappy engine from the 90's that had horrible gas mileage for the size of the truck. If built like this it would have given the Wrangler's a run for their money for people who wanted an off road small pickup. I know I would have jumped to buy one.

Agreed.

I'm also disappointed in the lack of a manual transmission. Even if one were to drive this like a sports pickup, the manual would have made it all the more fun given the turbo, awd & independent rear suspension.
lol, that was going to be my number 4 but I figured at that point I was asking for too much.

It's smaller than a Ranger? What could you possibly haul with it. 2 cans of paint?

The new rangers are bigger than my 92 F150. Someone in my office has the canyon and its pretty big looking on the outside. The weird thing about them is that they feel cramped on the inside. The "beds" in these new trucks are useless though. From what I've heard the new rangers get worse gas mileage than the 150's and by the time you get all of the rebates in the 150's are cheaper.

New Rangers are way bigger than older models...almost as big as a 90's F150

Beat me to it.

Back
Top Bottom