Ford Maverick Pickup

It uses regen braking and coasting recharges the battery. Battery is almost always at 100% the way i'm driving. It will show you.
I presume if one did run it low, gas motor would fire up to recharge. yes.

Realistically you cannot drive it on total electric for very long around here. First good hill that you hit the gas motor fires up. I've tried. anytime you give more than a little throttle gas motor fires up.

I might have misunderstood your previous post about hypermiling. It sounded like you could keep going on the electric only with a very light touch on the throttle.

Hypermiling driving can be done in non electric vehicles as well. It's basically feathering the throttle to keep the vehicle up to speed without keeping the pedal at a constant pressure, an RPM gauge helps seeing the benefits. Focusing on the least amount of fuel used to keep the car going is the main goal, slowly gaining speed rather than keeping up with other vehicles when taking off from lights/signs. Another part of it is to only drive the speed limit or 5-7 mph under to conserve fuel as well as coasting to red lights/stop signs. Once you start driving with fuel consumption in mind, you'll realize how foolish it is watching everyone racing up to the red light just to stomp on their brakes or taking off to race to the next light. Not only does it waste $4 a gallon of gas but wears down their brakes & engine sooner.

I've been doing it for years, but I hold off on the coasting long distances or driving under the speed limit on back roads where people can't pass me. But every now & then I get tailgaters that are upset for doing the speed limit, but with the amount of hidden driveways on my route I won't speed up just because they want to get home 2 minutes faster.

The benefit of a manual is when in neutral the car/truck can actually speed up faster as opposed to leaving it in drive. I used to own a 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid and it would slow down with the brake regeneration. There's a little over a mile stretch of road that I can actually speed up in neutral compared to coasting in Drive all while staying at the speed limit or 8 miles above. So I ended up putting the transmission in Neutral on that road & put it in Drive when coming to my turn to let the regenerative braking recharge the battery.

Another aspect is to keep your tire pressure at the max for the least amount of rolling resistance. Others can take it to the extreme and drive with out A/C with the windows cracked to minimize parasitic loss & air resistance, but at that point it's a bit excessive.

Maverick and f150 tremor.
Both 2022 models.

Attachments

• A005B609-0429-469C-A759-47E576E6C081.jpeg
    A005B609-0429-469C-A759-47E576E6C081.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DF930DC8-A7E0-4CC5-A725-633BBEC61961.jpeg
    DF930DC8-A7E0-4CC5-A725-633BBEC61961.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 38
One of our local parts store bought
one to deliver parts. The driver told me that it was at the ford place due to cylinder misfire. The vehicle has less than 5000 miles. I’m interested to see what they find.

One of our local parts store bought
one to deliver parts. The driver told me that it was at the ford place due to cylinder misfire. The vehicle has less than 5000 miles. I’m interested to see what they find.
I was wrong the vehicle had less than 500 miles. Turned out it was an ignition coil. They replaced the coil and its running great. The vehicle is hybrid.

Back
Top Bottom