• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

image.jpeg

A little update, gasblock pressed and pinned on. Front sight next. I decided to move the front sight up to eliminate the gap between it and the slant brake. Looking to get it pressed on and drilled and pinned tonight.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Also got the Romy furniture fitted today. The stock requires some work to fit the 1.5mm Chinese receiver. Turned out nice I think. I'll be refinishing it soon. I'll grab a proper Chinese stock if I see one at a sane price. Acquiring tools and parts is draining the funds, lol.

Need help AK boys! I need a M92 top cover/ dust cover without any rail or pic mods to trade for mine that’s been set up for optics with a drilled/tapped/welded rail on the top. Looks good and done professionally and clean but I don’t rub optics. Even swap across the table or I’ll buy one. Thanks y’all.

688624B5-7172-4104-9B9F-4259E8936B21.jpeg
EB289139-2ECA-450B-BB5A-D25FDF9781EF.jpeg
455B23A5-984A-4A41-B14B-12B2993D1040.jpeg

^^Ill keep eyes on looking for one. I have the same setup and would like to change mine out.
I'm almost done with the mak. Need some opinions from the Odt ak collective. I can't decide if I want to refinish the furniture and paint it or do a bfpu/halal theme with some paki tape(from JDS556762 JDS556762 ). Already is a mix of parts, worn finish etc.

haha can I post my AR build in here? LOL

IMG_20180707_103513.jpg

I have been working on this build for the last seven years, picking up a couple of pieces here and there. Turns out I misplaced the gas block roll pin and set screws, so I need to wait some more... also found out my rail is like 1/2" too long, so I am not sure what I'm gonna do about that. Maybe I'll just roll with it anyways.

I also found out that the upper and lower don't fit together, so I'll have to deal with that at some point.

haha can I post my AR build in here? LOL

View attachment 1692599

I have been working on this build for the last seven years, picking up a couple of pieces here and there. Turns out I misplaced the gas block roll pin and set screws, so I need to wait some more... also found out my rail is like 1/2" too long, so I am not sure what I'm gonna do about that. Maybe I'll just roll with it anyways.

I also found out that the upper and lower don't fit together, so I'll have to deal with that at some point.
Reported!!!

Got rid of the horrendous Century Taco Brace, replaced it with the SB Tactical SB-L tube type brace. We had it at the shop so I bashed it onto the century tube and it’s tight AF and doesn’t look half bad!! The LOP works for me just fine and I’ve got some wiggle room to add a clamp on type sling adapter

Removed the Hogue grip (it felt amazing) and replaced it with a surplus OEM Yugo pistol grip and long screw (feels mediocre at best) because the first rule of survival is looking cool. Got some AKM type pistol grips I’m gonna play with modding to see if I can get that OG stock grip installed in an acceptable fashion.

Top handguard is cracked. Not a huge deal charge it to the game, got some surplus Yugo HGs on the way already and eventually will refinish a set in that polish orange honey drop stain.

Bakelite goes in everything. All the time. No exceptions.

Took off aftermarket blast can, rocking bare threads Time now, about to order a Krink booster, also need spring and detent kit from to install.

Looking at 2 point surplus sling options while using a brace. Will be rocking this until I get a SB Tactical Galil type or SOB47 brace to replace.

Long term goal. Form 1 SBR remove pistol “trunnion”or back plate whatever and install an underfolder trunnion and UF stock. That double folder dirty knock off Krink!

A0DAB0B1-2B37-4734-ABDE-AAEBA9E9FFA5.jpeg

A8F20A67-3BE4-41C1-9AA9-27BC16185D79.jpeg

If I can’t remove the Pic Rail I’m just gonna rock a 7.0 MOA Green triangle dual illuminated RMR I think that’s a classy looking dot for The set up and won’t take too much away from the otherwise vintage look. The Dual Illumination kind of sucks I know because I’ve owned a few but as far as a Kalish, I like the idea of a no battery, tritium and fiber powered dot to keep in sync with the simple, low maintenance idea of the whole package.

@KERTWOOD you know where to source any “surplus” pats for M92? I’ve actually found a guy that has surplus, piston and BCM intact for 60.00 I think? Don’t see too much for wood furniture, pistons, definitely not dust covers

Back
Top Bottom