• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Good looking out sovietak474u sovietak474u
It goes hard in the paint. Don’t know about yours but mine eats everything I shove in it’s pie hole surprisingly accurate and a lot of fun to shoot .32
View attachment 1483020
Looks good! I can help you spend your money no problem. I can turn a rich man into a in debt man.

It’s nice when projects are complete . Now you can reward yourself with the test phase.

How easy was it to build that scorpion? Is it just pins?
The scorpion took about an hour and a half. The hardest part is the 1 trigger guard rivet which actually still is not installed in mine. It’s not necessary to hold the trigger guard in place because it latches between the receiver and locks under the pistols grip screw but eventually I’m gonna head over to @billieco or one of my auto shop buddies and have them set it in place. Works just fine with out it.
You have to install things in sequence so there’s kind of an order of March as with most stuff and hands down the main hammer spring and hammer install are the biggest PITA. All in all on a scale of 1-10 for capable men I’d put it at a 3-4 it’s harder than an AR but not by much and uses less tools. Think I built it all with a punch, flat head, and a brass hammer. There are plenty of substitutes for the trigger guard rivet as well like using a small nail and peening it on the back side or even a little tig weld.

It was really fun and to finish assembly and run close to 150 or so rounds through it right off the bench was super sweet!!

Those Hornady XTP .32s stack rounds too!

Looks mean as hell

Looks good! I can help you spend your money no problem. I can turn a rich man into a in debt man.

It’s nice when projects are complete . Now you can reward yourself with the test phase.

I know you gots more ammo than that :becky: hows the trigger on that thing? Can you get it ripping fast if you want? Looks to be running smooth though that’s good

Guess what getting filled out now?

81AA2B2A-DE00-40D6-A750-4F80FD319ADB.jpeg

Some very cool projects in this thread for sure. Rpk, Fal, Skorpion, staking castle nuts... My bad that was another thread. I've enjoyed keeping up with everyone's work. Meridian received my Maadi Thursday and we went over the work order. Aside from the weld up, sight fix and paint I decided to have an nds Tabuk style brake and a g2 put in it. Looking at 3-4 weeks. I had to order some stock hardware and an Egyptian pistol grip to complete it when I get it back.

I know you gots more ammo than that :becky: hows the trigger on that thing? Can you get it ripping fast if you want? Looks to be running smooth though that’s good
I’ve felt worse triggers . If i really tried I could get it poppin . I took it kinda slow as whoever had it before me did not shoot it much. So it’s still needed to pass the break in period . Which I did with zero malfunctions

Back
Top Bottom