• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 Suppressors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw solvent trap, I am ordering a Fuel filter when my Form 1 is finished next week.

https://www.lafoauto.com/

Have you purchased from them before or used their suppressors? Id like a report
This little lady and her dad used one of those fuel filter kits and it's what she's shooting with on the video.
They drilled it out with a handheld drill and channel locks. Seems to work alright.

I built a suppressor from a solvent trap and it's great. HOWEVER, it does have caveats.

Pros: Less expensive, faster ATF turnaround (got mine in 4 weeks), customization
Cons: Not as cool looking, get pretty hot, not as quiet as manufactured ones (but still work well).

Another taboo point is serial swapping. When you make your own suppressor, the law states you can only own ONE suppressor with that serial number. What I've found upon research is if you build a suppressor and it ever breaks or you decide to just make a better version, if you destroy the original you can reuse the serial on the new build.

here’s a video link. Running it dry, but wet it sounds even better.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1obwMB6D2gJ1tyytC8fK3QjtBssuVnO88/view?usp=drivesdk

How do you know the caliber that each one can be used for when form 1 completed?
Depends on the website. Some let you know, others just have thread pitches (typically 1/2x28 or 5/8x24).

I’m getting a 1/2x28 with a mono core, only have to drill the end cap. Just going to be for a bolt gun 22lr. Shouldn’t be that big of a deal as far as heat goes.

I built a suppressor from a solvent trap and it's great. HOWEVER, it does have caveats.

Pros: Less expensive, faster ATF turnaround (got mine in 4 weeks), customization
Cons: Not as cool looking, get pretty hot, not as quiet as manufactured ones (but still work well).

Another taboo point is serial swapping. When you make your own suppressor, the law states you can only own ONE suppressor with that serial number. What I've found upon research is if you build a suppressor and it ever breaks or you decide to just make a better version, if you destroy the original you can reuse the serial on the new build.

here’s a video link. Running it dry, but wet it sounds even better.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1obwMB6D2gJ1tyytC8fK3QjtBssuVnO88/view?usp=drivesdk

This is incorrect, you can not destroy the suppressor and reuse the serial number. The ATF sees this as making a new suppressor. Technically when you have a finished suppressor you can't even do your own repairs, only sots can repair a suppressor.

This is incorrect, you can not destroy the suppressor and reuse the serial number. The ATF sees this as making a new suppressor. Technically when you have a finished suppressor you can't even do your own repairs, only sots can repair a suppressor.

They say no, but technically could get away with it. Unlike buying another companies

If you’re going to build one, I recommend adding the capability for a wipe, they do help. Took the wipe out of one, was quite a bit louder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They say no, but technically could get away with it. Unlike buying another companies

If you’re going to build one, I recommend adding the capability for a wipe, they do help. Took the wipe out of one, was quite a bit louder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While yes you could get away with it, it's probably not a good idea to be posting illegal intentions all over the internet and telling others it's fine. I think it's a little more than taboo when we are talking about a felony here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom