• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Former Rusty stuff and things that needed fixin'

Are you bead blasting the tools or chemical cleaning?
Chemicals = Vinegar and Baking Soda.
If I had a bead blaster no telling what would happen.

Some of the stuff calls for a wire brush, sometimes a wire wheel on a drill. occasionally I need some mag wheel cleaner, or brake cleaner but I try to avoid it.

The Vinegar method is fantastic on hardened old steel.

Situations change the methods occasionally, the vise was vinegar, soda, acetone, wheel, acetone...

That’s impressive. There is no telling the trouble you could find with a bead blaster.
I guess vinegar and baking soda are pretty safe. Wheel cleaner and brake cleaner are a little more aggressive on the metal and certainly on you.
It’s good to have options.

That’s impressive. There is no telling the trouble you could find with a bead blaster.
I guess vinegar and baking soda are pretty safe. Wheel cleaner and brake cleaner are a little more aggressive on the metal and certainly on you.
It’s good to have options.
I've tried a variety of methods and it really depends on the situation if it's something that is not precision and is of a decent quality metal perhaps I'll use the brake cleaner after trying everything else.
It's all situational, and it's not coming from a professional is the guy trying to clean up some rusty metal...

Dos...
20191110_133852.jpg

Back
Top Bottom