Former Rusty stuff and things that needed fixin'

Okay, so the love for the baby blue Vise was pretty much nonexistent. I'm glad I stopped after a light dusting...
I'm I'm going for the far more traditional Tractor Red:thumb:
20191113_113918.jpg
20191113_132705.jpg
20191113_132641.jpg

The curved crescent... who is the mfg?

That curved crescent is interesting. Sort of reminds me of a curved starter wrench.

I have a 4 inch crescent marked 'Crestoloy' made by the 'crescent tool company' Jamestown, NY. Now the interesting thing here is that the newer one I ran across in a hardware store and bought it just because it was made by the same company as the old one. The old one with the crack was given to me in 1942 by a neighbor that was probably between 70 and 80 years old, retired from the Firestone Tire and Rubber company in Dayton, OH. He had a 'T' model Ford and I remember him taking me with him across Lookout mountain to Fort Payne, AL one day
P1020442.JPG
. I wouldn't be surprised if the wrench was not 30 or 40 years old when he gave it to me. That would make that wrench over 100 years old. Google says the company was founded in 1907 and is now owned by the Apex tool Group off Sparks, MD.

That curved crescent is interesting. Sort of reminds me of a curved starter wrench.

I have a 4 inch crescent marked 'Crestoloy' made by the 'crescent tool company' Jamestown, NY. Now the interesting thing here is that the newer one I ran across in a hardware store and bought it just because it was made by the same company as the old one. The old one with the crack was given to me in 1942 by a neighbor that was probably between 70 and 80 years old, retired from the Firestone Tire and Rubber company in Dayton, OH. He had a 'T' model Ford and I remember him taking me with him across Lookout mountain to Fort Payne, AL one dayView attachment 2361287 . I wouldn't be surprised if the wrench was not 30 or 40 years old when he gave it to me. That would make that wrench over 100 years old. Google says the company was founded in 1907 and is now owned by the Apex tool Group off Sparks, MD.
Wow that is a very nice one and a great story to go with it. I've got a lot of the old tools but not too many of them have a story attached but some of them are a little bit unusual.
Most people just don't pay attention anymore to what goes by them. What I mean is stuff can get easily thrown in the trash can because it just looks like well, something common that is junk
And possibly it still is junk, but to someone it can be not only of treasure but also a memory...
20191113_171512.jpg
20191113_171721.jpg
20191113_173438.jpg
20191113_173420.jpg

Back
Top Bottom