• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foxtrot Mike Adjustable Bolt Carrier - Good to Go???

I have found very little use for adjustable BCG’s or gas blocks. The majority of folks running them don’t need them, and you could be adding a problem.

Band Aid...not an entirely useless one in some cases.

Most sales probably go to people who can't change a fixed gas block to an adjustable one, thinking they need it or getting into the suppressor game.

I have seen different brand versions used as a quick fix to make gun work with a suppressor.

An already over gassed AR-15 may still not work with one.

AR-15's are over gassed by a lot of big name manufacturers to make them function dirty and to cover the wide spread of ammo inconsistency. performance.

99.9% are not set up to run suppressed so if a silencer is added the gun will beat itself to death, break parts or not function properly.

AR-15 ejection pattern can be used to diagnose gas, spring and buffer issues.

Don't shoot Tula and Black Hills ammo and expect the same performance.

Adjustable gas blocks are good to go but do your research.

Ever so often clean your AR good and run the adjustable gas block through the complete range to keep it from getting carbon locked or copper locked from copper shavings off the fired rounds.
( I learned this the hard way..lol )

You can build a cheap AR-15.
You can build a quality AR-15.
You can pay someone to do it for you or buy a quality weapon.

You just have to decide the role of the rifle, range toy, self defense or heirloom quality...and what is worth to you.

I don't buy Bear Creek anything..I have a friend who is heavy into them...his are hit or miss.
I have seen gas tubes installed upside down.
I will say their customer service is top notch...lol.

Your doing some research and I applaud you for it.

Back
Top Bottom