• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foxtrot Mike Adjustable Bolt Carrier - Good to Go???

Anyone know anything about this exact product?

Second question… in general, are adjustable BC’s a bunch of bull crap? Or legit option?
Lord Shep please school us mere mortals… cmshoot cmshoot
I have a bunch of rounds through a suppressed 10.5 carbine length 5.56 rifle using a Bootleg Adjustable BCG. Sample size of 1. Very reliable, zero problems, does a lot more than the gas busting charging handles for gas. If you didn't want to mess with an adjustable block or EZ tune gas tube, or buying buffers/springs, I'd definitely buy the Bootleg.

I do not know about the foxtrot mike one.

I have a bunch of rounds through a suppressed 10.5 carbine length 5.56 rifle using a Bootleg Adjustable BCG. Sample size of 1. Very reliable, zero problems, does a lot more than the gas busting charging handles for gas. If you didn't want to mess with an adjustable block or EZ tune gas tube, or buying buffers/springs, I'd definitely buy the Bootleg.

dare I ask…

Think it’s ok to buy just 1 Bootleg BC and rotate it between 2-3 different rifles? (Whichever rifle I’m using at the moment)

EDIT: while keeping the dedicated bolt that belongs to each rifle. Just drop the bolt that belongs to the rifle into the BC.

dare I ask…

Think it’s ok to buy just 1 Bootleg BC and rotate it between 2-3 different rifles? (Whichever rifle I’m using at the moment)

EDIT: while keeping the dedicated bolt that belongs to each rifle. Just drop the bolt that belongs to the rifle into the BC.
I'm sure other people could answer this more scientifically but if they are headspaced correctly I would think it'd be fine. If you are shooting suppressed, it's all going to be very dirty.

AR-15
300 blackout
8.3” Hanson barrel
Pistol length
Yes

Also have a couple 5.56 rigs would be nice to use in them with suppressor too.

All my gas blocks are pinned from the factory.

I've never seen the need for an adjustable gas block on a 5.56, if the port is properly sized. Suppressed and unsuppressed, it all should run if you have a balanced system.

If you're only run subsonics on the .300Blk, then you won't need an adjustable gas-anything. Same if you're only running supersonics. If you're trying to run both subs and supers from the same gun, with and without a can, you might need an adjustable system. Oftentimes, you can get the same results from swapping buffers.

I run an adj gas block on my 300blk and a Bootleg adj bolt carrier on my 5.56. I prefer the adj bcg, but I also don't have the cool riflespeed gas block, so that could change my preference. The bootleg has 4 different settings, and can also be adjusted through the ejection port, which to me would be worth the extra $100 over the foxtrot mike bcg.

Back
Top Bottom