Fraud on my credit card again....

OP, do you use this card over the internet?

Sure, it's not used very much in-person honestly. Other than the gas station. There are so many data breaches at different institutions it's almost impossible to know how it happened. And the bank doesn't care because they make the merchant pay for it (at least I believe). I always say I'm willing to prosecute, but that's never happened.

last time it happened to me, the guy at the bank told me to only use the card as credit and avoid entering a PIN if at all possible. Knock on wood, i have not had any problems since. Whoever used my information last time, made a replica card and charged some stuff at target in Duluth. the bank claims they have the people on camera and asked if i would press charges

last time it happened to me, the guy at the bank told me to only use the card as credit and avoid entering a PIN if at all possible. Knock on wood, i have not had any problems since. Whoever used my information last time, made a replica card and charged some stuff at target in Duluth. the bank claims they have the people on camera and asked if i would press charges

Yeah, I always choose credit when I can so I don't have to enter a PIN. None of the charges are ever local. They're pretty amazing at identifying fraud really. There just has to be a better way. For online they could have a secure token or something you'd have to enter. Of course that would be hard for retailers to make happen, so it won't.

Sure, it's not used very much in-person honestly. Other than the gas station. There are so many data breaches at different institutions it's almost impossible to know how it happened. And the bank doesn't care because they make the merchant pay for it (at least I believe). I always say I'm willing to prosecute, but that's never happened.

You may have less inconvenience if you use an actual Visa credit card. Plus a credit card (as opposed to a check/debit card) will help to build your credit provided you make the agreed upon payments on time. I would recommend going this route if it's feasible for you to do so.

Yes, absolutely press charges. This whole identity and financial theft is out of control!

Did you?

You may have less inconvenience if you use an actual Visa credit card. Plus a credit card (as opposed to a check/debit card) will help to build your credit provided you make the agreed upon payments on time. I would recommend going this route if it's feasible for you to do so.

We ditched credit cards years ago. I have actually considered having one as a backup for the few days it takes to get a new card though. How would a credit card be less hassle?

Yeah, I always choose credit when I can so I don't have to enter a PIN. None of the charges are ever local. They're pretty amazing at identifying fraud really. There just has to be a better way. For online they could have a secure token or something you'd have to enter. Of course that would be hard for retailers to make happen, so it won't.

I just wouldn't use a card that has a debit option. I believe there is more security in place for credit only cards. It just may reduce the hassle for you. I used to use a Chase Visa and had it happen twice. Since I've had my Citibank Visa, I haven't had any problems.

It happened to me too. The detective has a suspicion that it may be the actual manufacturer of the cards, so when I got my last new debit card, I waited a couple of months to activate it, and it's been 6 months now, and no problems. I also always (almost) use it as credit vs debit when paying. Sorry Bro! I know it sux.

I just wouldn't use a card that has a debit option. I believe there is more security in place for credit only cards. It just may reduce the hassle for you. I used to use a Chase Visa and had it happen twice. Since I've had my Citibank Visa, I haven't had any problems.

I hear you. Generally speaking a check/debit card freaks people out because it directly affects your account. I understand that, but to date I've never been out a penny. The only issue is a pending charge that is fraud will post and then they reimburse you.

Back
Top Bottom