• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fraudulent activity on debit card

If they would invoke some public Sharia Law style punishments for identity, CC and Debit card theft this **** would go way down. I have no problem with them carving up a POS for stealing a CC # and then using it to buy a pizza or a Ferrari. Hacking off body parts is a great crime deterrent.

Anyone else having issues?

Last month, I replaced my card as the chip no longer worked and walmart among others didnt accept the swipe. 2 weeks later I had fraudulent activity. 8 transactions from Twitch Entertainment for 19.95 each.

I reported to the bank. And got a new card.
This week, I recieved letters stating my card is compromised. The other letters said no prior fraud/error was found and they were taking the money back from my disputes. I check my history last night and found a new fraudulent charge for $350.

There is more to the story but I'm not happy with United Community Bank. Calling them again...

Two new cards and this mess to deal with... fighting with the bank over the obvious.
Did you have the replacement card made while you wait at the bank? I bank a United Community bank in Ellijay and they did just that. They called me and someone was trying to skim small transactions on my debit..The bank refused to let it go through and notified me..At that point I went down and they printed my a new one while I waited. I did not want it mailed to me..

Did you have the replacement card made while you wait at the bank? I bank a United Community bank in Ellijay and they did just that. They called me and someone was trying to skim small transactions on my debit..The bank refused to let it go through and notified me..At that point I went down and they printed my a new one while I waited. I did not want it mailed to me..

Yes and I think the bank enabled reoccurring payments. I received a new card last week and then an additional fraudulent charge was incurred again after the fact that may have been applied using the old card number. Customer service on Saturday gave me conflicting info. Hard to tell what the latest issue is. Going to my local branch Monday. Not pleased with the bank... long story.

I had to close my business checking account a few years back, because AT&T starting debiting my account for someone else's phone bill...it was truly just an accounting thing, no fraud evolved, however i was not able the get AT&T to stop, because I could not tell them where it was coming from....I couldn't because it was not part of the "debit" process.....my bank put a 3 month stop on it, but that was as far as they could go....did it twice, then I was told I'd needed to close MY account, and open a new one.....jesus!!

I got a text saying my I had a password change. So I called my back and they said the old card was cancelled and a new card was issued to some idiot in Florida. So I explained the situation and they cancelled that card and issued me another. I got the card and I couldnt sigh into my account. Turns out they called back and had a second card issued to them. I called my bank and explained the issue and that time they ask me to come up with a password anyone that calls would have to know before any other changes could be made to my account. Since I have auto deposit if I wouldn't have just took a. I think to check my account when I did they could have drained me. Far more of that crap going on that should be. The banks should have some way of monitoring that activity. Like identifying the phone number associated with our accounts or something of that nature.

pacsafe it's a sleeve that goes over you cc or passport etc. https://pacsafe.com/
An absolute must if you travel by plane or go overseas. Airports are just hunting grounds for these criminals. You're on a plane out of contact so even if you have fraud alert your card company can't reach you. If you don't have fraud alert on all your cards I recommend it. It may be a pain to call and reactivate a card but it saves the hassle of replacing one. I recently had a fraudulent charge on my cc got the alert, denied the charge and life was good!

I don’t worry about this stuff….i don’t have any money and not enough credit to worry about getting ripped so I just don’t get hit with any of this stuff !! :becky:
I used to feel the same way. I'd tell people,"I don't worry about identity theft because who the hell would want to be me." Then I realized there's always someone with less who is willing to take what little you have.

Back
Top Bottom