• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fraudulent activity on debit card

Anyone else having issues?

Last month, I replaced my card as the chip no longer worked and walmart among others didnt accept the swipe. 2 weeks later I had fraudulent activity. 8 transactions from Twitch Entertainment for 19.95 each.

I reported to the bank. And got a new card.
This week, I recieved letters stating my card is compromised. The other letters said no prior fraud/error was found and they were taking the money back from my disputes. I check my history last night and found a new fraudulent charge for $350.

There is more to the story but I'm not happy with United Community Bank. Calling them again...

Two new cards and this mess to deal with... fighting with the bank over the obvious.

Last, Friday my Card had 9 charges to a Survival Shop for under $50, but they tried again for a item for $75 and my card company contacted me, its been going on since June. I was refunded , and new card was issued, it seems when I bought a American flag for my house my card was used by someone from this company.

Probably a good idea, but many of us have a deep emotional attachment to that worn old wallet that fits just right in the ol’ hip pocket. 30+ years, it’d be worse than a divorce to swap it out.

Who uses a debit card in 2023? Virtually zero protection from fraud.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would NEVER have a debit card......if you have a fraud, they CAN go several months without reimbursement "while they investigate".
A credit card has to return the money right away if you report the fraud in a reasonable time frame.

Dunno, but the other day I saw a little ol’ lady in front of me writing a check at the grocery store.
Line’s all backed up, no one wants to pay enough checkout clerks.
She waits ‘til clerk gives her the total, then starts digging in her purse for checkbook and pen.
Aaarrgggh!
One of my pet peeves, MOST women do that, men that write checks fill out everything but the amount while the checker is ringing up the items so at the end all they have to do is fill in the amount.....don't believe it--just observe when you are in line.......
Same for the wallet if they use a card or cash, women won't go in the purse for the wallet until everything is tallied up, men will be waiting in line with wallet or cc in hand...

Back
Top Bottom