• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Free transfer

So you're saying a non-ffl can ship a firearm to a FFL without proof that they are a legitimate FFL?
I did not say that. I was explaining why I do not send copies of my info to non-FFls.

The ATF has advised that FFL's do not send their Documents either in physical or electronic copy to Non-FFL's.
there apparently is a lot of fraud happening with people modifying those documents.
It is not required I follow the advise, But it is prudent. And as I said above, I have only had one individual that decided to not send it when I sent an email explaining.

When I asked the ATF agent what would be appropriate, Obviously they said the sender using an FFL is the best solution. But, also told me that I could send them my first 3 and last 5 digits of my FFL so they can use https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/ to verify the address they can send it to. So that is what I currently do.

There is no requirement for an individual to have FFL documents in their records.
In addition the agent I spoke to said that there are many people that are on the fuzzy line between being a dealer and not. One thing they use as a way to get to intent in those cases is if the individual is archiving FFL documents for their transfers.

Back
Top Bottom