Friggin' IRS!

It was the wife using the TurboTax site. The 1040 form had my name and employer info on it but no space for my individual income. So the way it looks now is that I worked for International Auto Processors at the port for free for a year. Easy mistake to make given the gubment forms. But a costly one to correct.

That sucks. I have never used one of those kind of programs. I just download forms from IRS and do them myself. By the time you get all your info together you have done most of the work. I made a math error on one several years ago and the IRS corrected it for me, no harm, no foul. However, I know some folks taxes are more complicated.

I've had to deal with an audit for missed items as well among other things. It was all done by mail and make sure you sent it certified with receipt & watch your postmark by dates.

It took months to resolve and I ended up sending them the equivalent of a rather large book. Took them about 2 months to finally send a letter with resolution after sending in any and all related documentation. I hate the bastards and F filing quarterly payments.

Turbo tax has a review at the end,, they got so many checks and balances don’t see how this got thru, Been using them for at least 11years and never a problem.
We've used them several years too. I'm not 100% certain of what exactly went wrong but I do know there's a discrepancy of over $11K.

The Feds/Mnuchin are on TV right now with some IRS relief, mainly for the current tax year, but might apply to you also. Check it out.
==================================
My LLC got nailed for late quarterly filing in 2012. But I was winding up business and basically told the IRS I paid what I owed, albeit a couple months late, and the LLC is now closed with no assets. I was late in sending in employee withholding, but I was the only employee, and they wanted about $2300 in interest. I said my LLC has no money left and is no longer in business making any income.

Suck an egg IRS. Haven't heard anything further in 8 years.

Back
Top Bottom