• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

IRS warns taxpayers about new $600 threshold for third-party payment reporting

The issue is how do you keep a record for 7 years of anything you sold at a loss, seems like the burden is on us to prove we didn’t make money. This was supposed to help them get millions and millions wonder how it will work out.

Who wants to keep up with you sold an old bed frame for 80 bucks on Craiglist for 7 years?

Guess I’ll just throw more stuff in the trash lol

The IRS on Tuesday shared tips for the upcoming tax season — including a reminder about the new $600 threshold for receiving Form 1099-K for third-party payments.
The change applies to payments from third-party networks, such as Venmo or PayPal, for transactions such as part-time work, side jobs or selling goods, according to the IRS.
Before 2022, the federal Form 1099-K reporting threshold was for taxpayers with more than 200 transactions worth an aggregate above $20,000. However, Congress slashed the limit as part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, and a single transaction over $600 may now trigger the form.

LINK
Yup. I had to fill out info on Stubhub after selling some tickets this year. They’ll send me a 1099. The ’benefit’ of all this electronic money changing hands..….it’s easy to track and tax.

Question for those that may know….not looking for opinions.

I sometimes send and receive money from friends or family back home in Utah. This is not for goods or services rather it’s money lent and then paid back.

Am I to believe that if I, say help my Mom make a few car payments, she pays me back, I’m expected to pay tax on the money being paid back? And she is supposed to pay taxes on the money lent to her?

If that’s the case I’m going straight back to paper.

Question for those that may know….not looking for opinions.

I sometimes send and receive money from friends or family back home in Utah. This is not for goods or services rather it’s money lent and then paid back.

Am I to believe that if I, say help my Mom make a few car payments, she pays me back, I’m expected to pay tax on the money being paid back? And she is supposed to pay taxes on the money lent to her?

If that’s the case I’m going straight back to paper.
I hope not but nothing would surprise me these days .

Back
Top Bottom