• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

from 12ga shotgun to a handi rifle less than 35$

rifleman7.62

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Hey everybody been lurking around now for a while now figured I would tell of my latest. My son in law gave a 12 gauge years ago and its just sat in the safe. Its not anything wrong with it, just 1 mean shotgun.[kicks the shot out of ya] Reading go2bo a few months ago got me to thinking. so I called gun parts corp found me 30/30 barrel for 24.50 already chambered. 24"long shotgun barrel is 28"
I originally thought I would get my buddy with with his lathe have him make a sleeve for it and fit it inside the shotgun barrel. so long story short I carefully measured everything and making sure bbl was centered for the firing pin. I put the rifle bbl in the shotgun bbl put 1 ounce of jb weld inside shotgun chamber let it sit for a couple of days. now comes the moment of truth. Willyhemakit comes to mind. Touched off 1st rnd bout 50 yds at a large firewood round went and looked at it for a couple mins finally just as i was turning i saw the spot i hit about a half inch from dead center so tried it 3 more times. this thing is amazing Im tickled pink. i think im going to try this out a certain doe thats been eating my garden up. : DISCLAIMER: I do not recommend any one doing this and if you do you are on your on

It's my understanding that the barrels are not simply interchangeable between a handi rifle and a single shot shotgun. The shotgun receivers are made of much softer metal and not designed to withstand the pressures generated by a centerfire rifle cartridge.

Might want to keep a good eye on the area around the firing pin to make sure of no cracks or signs of failure.

Last edited:
The sb1 receiver was sold as a 30/30 22 hornet 45/70 44 mag and a host others. Mine is a sb1. The sb2 is for hi pressure cartridges 223 243 270 30/06 ect. This isnt something I just conjured up. I did my home work. Will post pics soon. By the way now i have 2 sleeved bbls instead of one containing the cartridge. Rifle bbl inside the shotgun bbl

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom